FP&A Analyst (temp 12-month contract)
The FP&A Analyst will report directly to the Head of FP&A based in Dublin. The FP&A function will be responsible for management reporting of results and ensuring the communication of results is tailored for different layers of the organization including employees, senior management meetings, Board of Directors and outside parties.
- Supporting the development and production of accurate management reports based on operational reporting model. These reports are prepared on a monthly basis. It will be your responsibility to roll forward reports, update the reports, interpret the reports, reconcile the reports to the month end Management Accounts. This will involve interaction with platform finance managers to ensure the product (reports) that is delivered to the business is of the highest standard and fit for purpose;
- Support the building of all new and future reporting requirements into Microsoft Dynamics 365 or other system to ensure that reporting becomes live, instant (based on GL postings) and can be accessed by the report recipients.
- Support the development of how we report the financials and the story behind the financials to different levels of the organisation – Board, senior management Employees, outside parties;
- Promote a culture of openness in terms of numbers, the use of the base data to enable us to tell the story of our success in financial terms;
- Support any ad-hoc financial analysis required by any part of the business in a manner which is readable to non-finance users; and
- Use the new management reporting to further develop links between Finance and Commercial/Mainstream Renewable Capital team.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Support the development of a new interim budget model which can be used for the Budget to be prepared in 2020. This will build on the work completed in 2018/9 and will involve increased interaction between Dublin Group Finance, Platform Finance team and Corporate Finance Team to deliver a more streamlined model for Budget preparation.
- Assist Group Finance with delivery of a Budget which can be used to assess the business going forward, taking into account the future need to report in line with business operating set up.
- Support with the Budget Process, timetable and helping draft presentations for SMT and Board.
Dynamics 365 / Replacement Finance System
- Support the full implementation of the remaining actions of the new ERP i.e. F&O dynamics 365 transition. This will include improvements to the management information, financial systems and decision-making practices across the Group.
- Support finance activities affected by transition (e.g. Accounts Payable) and ensure new process implementations deliver on functional efficiencies.
- Support the monthly production of department reports.
- Ensure link to over FP&A dashboard and department reporting objectives.
You need to demonstrate the following characteristics and skills:
- Qualified or part qualified accountant
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics/Power BI an advantage
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
- Strong communication skills, both written (Report Writing, Professional E-Mail’s) and verbal (interaction with platforms and presentations)
- Demonstrate commitment, willingness to take on responsibility and direction, and ability to be a team player.
- Dublin based but with requirement to travel to other MRP locations and elsewhere when required.