Summary of Role
The Financial Modeller will support the Commercial team and regional platforms in preparing, building and optimizing financial models. In conjunction with the Commercial Associate this role will manage the modelling process from the Mainstream side, managing the lenders’, valuation and operating models for the projects as well as Mainstream’s investment portfolio model. The role will provide first hand exposure to private equity, investment banking and M&A activities and would suit an ambitious candidate keen to establish a strong foundation within financial modelling before progressing to take more responsibility for project financing or M&A work and commercial negotiations.
The role will also support Mainstream’s other global markets as required. The role will require travel to other Mainstream offices as well as other countries where the company may or may not have operations.
- Design, build and maintain highly complex financial models for renewable energy projects including:
- Analysis of cash flows
- Ability to audit/sense check a financial model quickly and succinctly to ensure outputs are reasonable in order to make quick, correct commercial decisions
- Ability to challenge those providing inputs to ensure an accurate representation of the risks and rewards is prepared and presented
- Accurate management of information flows used to maintain financial models.
- Take responsibility for structural integrity and functionality of models including accounting, tax and regulatory requirements of various global markets.
- Support the acquisition, investment, tender, bidding and financial close activities of multi-million dollar projects globally.
- Contribute towards commercial negotiations and assumptions included within such models, highlighting potential efficiencies / risk areas on acquisitions, investments, disposals & associated funding activities.
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and projects as required.
- Clear financial analysis and communication of results.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft suite (in particular Excel).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Relevant Financial qualification with at least 3-5 years’ experience of financial modeling.
- Renewable Energy or wider energy industry experience is desirable.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative for requirements of the asset delivery team.
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required.
- Commercial awareness and ability to highlight potential efficiencies / areas of concern within models that require further analysis or support.
- Excellent understanding of Financial Statements.
- Ability to analyse qualitative & quantitative information for decision making.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Office Suite