The role involves taking responsibility for Financial Control, Accounting and Statutory and Legal Compliance for Andes Mainstream and associated companies. The position will be reporting directly to the Finance & Asset Manager.
- Manage Andes Mainstream, local Development companies, and Overseas Holding Companies GLs, P&Ls and Balance Sheets.
- Meet monthly close deadlines to support production of external and management accounts.
- Assist in the integration of acquired companies or projects joining the group, the Pre-Financial Close of projects, plus any divestment of projects or companies sold.
- Implement Group financial controls to ensure the Country is compliant, is leveraging Group best practice, and prevent losses through technology malfunction, fraud, theft or human error.
- Ensure that all companies are up to date with IFRS or local accounting guidelines whichever takes precedent.
- Provide advice to other areas of the business on Technical Accounting matters, produce Technical Accounting Papers on transactions etc. for Group Finance Dublin when required.
Reporting and Financial Control
- Assist FP&A Manager to ensure that the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow for relevant companies are accurately reported to the various stakeholders, including Local & Group Senior Management, the Board, Group Finance, JV partners, etc., in accordance with the reporting timelines.
- Maintain appropriate reconciliations to support above.
- Responsible for the accurate capitalization of overhead and direct costs to development projects.
- Allocation of overhead to projects, and recharge of third-party costs and services provided to joint ventures on a timely and accurate basis, where relevant.
- Ensure Foreign Exchange revaluations are compliant with Group practice
- Maintain strong relationships with Dublin Group Finance and other local finance teams (internal and Third Party).
- Contract Management of Outsourced Accounting Services that are used by companies you are responsible for.
- Ensure that the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and Treasury functions for the companies under your control are functioning efficiently and effectively.
- Monitor the AP/AR balances and provide relevant KPIs for the Local Senior Management Team.
- Develop and maintain the relationship with banks and other financial institutions for the companies under your control.
Statutory & Legal Compliance
- Responsibility for managing the Chilean and foreign companies’ annual and interim audits.
- Support of Group audit as required
- Production of year-end statutory accounts for agreed entities as signed by Auditors, and Annual Report as sent to Shareholders.
- Supervise the tax function and ensure that all importation duties are processed and accounted for correctly.
- Report on other Corporate Compliance and Risks as required within the existing Group framework.
- Contribute to the commercial review of potential business opportunities as directed by the Head of Finance and Finance & Asset Manager.
Staff and Relationship Management
- Work closely with the Finance & Asset Manager, Head of Finance and members of other departments to manage the financial aspects of the business.
- Assist the Finance & Asset Manager in managing and developing the existing financial accountants and junior staff in your area.
- Other tasks as directed by the Finance & Asset Manager
- Qualified Accountant with at least 5 years post-qualified experience
- Advanced level of English
- Experience in the Energy Sector preferred.
- Strong Excel and systems skills
- Technical accounting skills required and able to produce statutory accounts