There is a short term contract opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join Mainstream Asset Management South Africa, looking after the finance function of three Operational Projects. The Financial Accountant will work to prepare financial information to Trial Balance and Management Account reporting.
This role is a 7 month maternity cover based in Cape Town and will report to the South African Head of Finance.
The role would be responsible for providing financial information to the Boards per the Construction Management Agreement as well as to the Facility Agent and Lender Group of the Round 3 Wind Farms.
We are looking for a team member who wants to work in a challenging environment where high standards are the order of the day.
The work is detailed, and the volume of transactions is small. Responsibilities will include the full spectrum of the finance function, from processing payments and performing bank reconciliations, all the way through to month end reporting.
- Understanding the accounting aspects of the agreements which are in place (e.g. Management Services Agreement, Common Terms Agreement, etc), and what the respective reporting requirements are.
- Preparation of month-end reports and variance analysis.
- Monitoring Accounts Payable Invoices, approving payment runs, and reviewing bank reconciliations and bank journals.
- General ledger account reconciliations.
- TB analytic review and preparing information to be included into Management Accounts.
- Managing cash flows and reconciliation to Financial Model and Budget workings (as updated)
- Preparing Debt Covenant reporting, as well as documentation for Shareholder Distributions
- Handling the annual auditing process with external auditors (year end is 31 December), and preparing and updating Annual Financial Statements with reference to current templates
- Assisting with various compliance requirements; including holding the wider South African Mainstream team accountable for duly following procurement process.
- As a member of a dynamic team, the incumbent will regularly be requested to perform a range of ad hoc tasks.
- Ensuring that there is alignment with Mainstream Values. It is important that there is strong teamwork, and that, as far as possible, working methods are aligned within the team and with other Mainstream teams (locally and internationally).
- Provide support to and maintain relationships with internal team members and shareholders.
Education & experience
The successful incumbent will:
- Be a qualified CIMA/CA (SA) with at least 2 – 4 years’ experience
- Be results driven, and be able to work efficiently and to a high level of accuracy
- Have good attention to detail, is organised and has the ability to meet deadlines which are essential to the role
- Be able to solve problems and thrive in a challenging environment, and work well in a team of independent thinkers
- Work as a strong team player; also ensuring that as far as possible, working methods are aligned within the team and with other Mainstream teams (locally and internationally).
- Act with high levels of integrity and accountability.
This position is based in Cape Town. We are currently working remotely and the Financial Accountant will have all tools available to work from home as required. Support will be given either face to face (as allowed) or over video calls to ensure learning and integration into the team.