- Department: Finance
- Job Location: Cape Town
- Reporting to: Head of Finance
- Travel Required: Seldom, adhoc
Mainstream is a global developer of utility-scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power South Africa has been awarded a total of 2.1 gigawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011.
In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline. Our partnership with Aker Horizons enables the Company to strive towards our ambitious targets of securing 5.5 GWs of renewable assets to FC and be IPO ready by 2023. In 2022, an equity partnership with Mitsui strengthened our position and continued our growth trajectory across the world.
Mainstream has raised more than €3.0bn in project finance to date and employs over 500 staff across 11 countries.
For more information, please visit https://www.mainstreamrp.com/
Summary of Role:
The Finance Manager - Private Markets will focus on projects within the private market, working with the commercial team to bring successful projects to Financial Close. This role will be responsible for the monthly management reporting during construction and will ensure the projects are built on time and within budget. This role will manage the lender requirements under the relevant agreements as well as the reporting obligations under the Construction Management Agreements for the projects during construction.
What you will do?
- Assist in bringing projects to Financial Close and ensure the systems and processes are in place for accurate construction reporting.
- Prepare accurate monthly management accounts – general ledger reconciliations through to reporting, including analytical review and commentary.
- Managing project bank accounts and funding requirements from the lenders and shareholders.
- Coordinating accounts payable invoices and processing payments to suppliers and contractors.
- Managing loan facilities in line with the agreements and reporting to relevant stakeholders.
- Cash flow forecasting and reporting, including revising the project budget.
- Coordinate annual audit, preparation of Annual Financial Statements in line with IFRS, and other annual reporting, as required.
- Responsible for ensuring statutory compliance, including Income Tax, VAT, CIPC, etc.
- Work closely with the contracts manager and construction programme managers to ensure accurate reporting on projects.
- Understanding the accounting aspects of the agreements which are in place and what the respective reporting requirements are.
- Collaborate and work with other team members to ensure that the finance function is well integrated in the various areas of the business.
What we require?
Education and Experience
- Be a qualified CIMA/CA (SA) with 5 years’ experience
- Experience in the renewable energy industry is highly advantageous
- Be able to work efficiently and to a high level of accuracy
- Audit, financial statement and IFRS experience
- Have good attention to detail, is organised and has the ability to meet deadlines which are essential to the role
- Be able to solve problems and thrive in a challenging environment
- Work as a strong team player; also ensuring that as far as possible, working methods are aligned within the team.
- Act with high levels of integrity and accountability.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Salary contribution to your pension fund
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Generous annual leave, plus a community or charity work day each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance subsidy
- Income protection insurance
- Life cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!