- Reporting to: Country Manager / Funtional Report Financial Controller LATAM & CFO LATAM.
- Department: Finance.
- Job Location: Bogota, Colombia.
- Travel Required: Minimal.
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Summary of the Role:
The role involves taking responsibility for financial control, accounting, Treasury, statutary & Compliance for Colombia Mainstream and associated companies. The position will be reporting to the Country manager and functional reporting to the Financial Controler Latam and the CFO Latam.
What you will do?
- Manage Colombia Mainstream plataform, local Development companies, and Overseas Holding Companies GLs, P&Ls and Balance Sheets.
- Meet monthly close deadlines to support production of external and management accounts.
- Assist in the integration of acquired companies or projects joining the group, the Pre-Financial Close of projects, plus any divestment of projects or companies sold.
- Implement Group financial controls to ensure the Country is compliant, is leveraging Group best practice, and prevent losses through technology malfunction, fraud, theft, or human error.
- Ensure that all companies are up to date with IFRS or local accounting guidelines whichever takes precedent.
- Provide advice to other areas of the business on Technical Accounting matters, produce Technical Accounting Papers on transactions etc for Group Finance Dublin when required.
- Lead the localization implementation for Dynamics 365 under the Colombia law. Ensure that all issues raised are logged, tracked, testing and resolved with the local software support company.
- Assist FP&A Manager to ensure that the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow for relevant companies are accurately reported to the various stakeholders, including Local & Group Senior Management, the Board, Group Finance, JV partners, etc., in accordance with the reporting timelines.
- Maintain appropriate reconciliations to support above.
- Responsible for the accurate capitalization of overhead and direct costs to development projects. Allocation of overhead to projects, and recharge of third-party costs and services provided to joint ventures on a timely and accurate basis, where relevant.
- Ensure Foreign Exchange revaluations are compliant with Group practice
- Maintain strong relationships with Chile & Dublin Group Finance and other local finance teams (internal and Third Party).
- Contract Management of Outsourced Accounting Services that are used by companies you are responsible for.
- Ensure that the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and Treasury functions for the companies under your control are functioning efficiently and effectively.
- Monitor the AP/AR balances and provide relevant KPIs for the Local Senior Management Team.
- Develop and maintain the relationship with banks and other financial institutions for the companies under your control.
- Responsibility for managing the Colombia companies’ annual and interim audits & Support of Group audit as required.
- Production of year-end statutory accounts for agreed entities as signed by Auditors, and Annual Report as sent to Shareholders.
- Supervise the tax function and ensure that all importation duties are processed and accounted for correctly.
- Report on other Corporate Compliance and Risks as required within the existing Group framework
- Contribute to the commercial review of potential business opportunities as directed by the Country Manager & CFO.
What we require?
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities.
- (Mandatory) A high calibre Colombia qualified accountant (8+ years)
- Strong organisation, communication, interpersonal and management skills required.
- High levels of energy and motivation, with a track record of delivery.
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in accounting for multi-jurisdiction/currency transactions.
- Experience in the Energy Sector preferred.
- Strong Excel and systems skills
- Technical accounting skills required and able to produce statutory accounts
- Experience of Microsoft Dynamics or another high-end accounting software package desirable.
- Advance English required.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options