Summary of Role:
- Reporting to the Head of Finance – APAC based in Vietnam, this is a key role in the Finance department which will reach across all departments including Finance, Operations, Commercial, Legal and Development. Even though expected to have an in-depth knowledge of the monthly management accounts, finance processes and statutory accounts, this role will sit outside the day-to-day finance duties and focus more on financial planning, forecasting and analysis of the business in the APAC region. This role will work hand in hand with the Head of Finance role to deliver the ad-hoc analysis needed across region to get projects delivered looking at new markets, new acquisition opportunities, new opportunity development, platform building while at the same time ensuring that all activities in region are performed in line with the needs and requirements of the Group Finance function in Dublin and our parent organisation in Oslo.
- This position may be based in Indonesia/ Philippines.
What you will do?
- Liaise with the Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”) team in Dublin to ensure that the function’s goals are promoted in APAC in order to champion change in processes, people and systems as needed.
- In conjunction with the Head of Finance APAC, work to develop financial planning across the APAC region including monthly platform reports, annual budgeting and longer-term forecasting for projects. This forecasting should not only include the numbers side of the business (cash requirements) but also the greater business requirement around resource planning, banking & insurance needs, external skillsets needed etc.
- Work with the FP&A team to develop and improve the management reporting and business analysis framework; enhance reporting techniques and tools and collaborate with Technology to innovate and automate reporting processes.
- Work with the Central Finance Team and local APAC Finance team to progress all reporting and forecasting to IPO readiness standards.
- With the Central Finance and FP&A teams on the development of new technology such as Tagetik, Power BI, Dynamics 365 which are used for more streamlined reporting and forecasting as we move forward.
- Work with the CFO/Head of Finance APAC and Head of Commercial/Business Development on new market entry. This is a wide-ranging remit but would include actions such as assisting in the writing of country entry papers, developing knowledge of financial accounting and taxation rules and currency exchange rules in country, assisting in the identification of local partners, working with Legal and Compliance to ensure the Mainstream Code of Ethics is adhered to etc.
- This role will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia as a preference. Currently Mainstream has 2 staff in country in the Business Development function. In the space of 6 months, we have managed to onboard two staff members, sign an MOU for onshore wind development with a major Indonesian party and started the development of 4 wind sites. Part of this role will be the development of the Jakarta office, working with the BD manager to develop the Indonesian market, bring forward new sites, hire new resources to complement the new business and also act as a conduit between Dublin/Singapore in the development of the Mainstream philosophy for project development in country. As this market progresses, you will need to work with the Finance Manager – APAC to hire a local accounting resource to look after local accounting and tax compliance.
- Work with the CFO/Head of Finance APAC on all new acquisition opportunities including the management of financial due diligence, liaising with tax due diligence teams and overall acquisition project teams to ensure that all risks are measured from a financial perspective.
What we require?
- 3-5 years experience, ideally from a Big 4 background with a wide industry remit.
- A genuine interest in renewable energy and bringing the goal of Mainstream forward.
- An international outlook with an interest to learn about the markets we operate in and the cultures in each market. APAC is the acronym that we use for this platform but APAC currently encompasses 4 active markets (Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia and Australia) with completely individual characteristics. Each country has different cultures, market dynamics, ways of doing business. Therefore it is important to have an open mindset, a hunger to learn about new markets and an openness to learn the way to do business in each market. This is an ever-learning experience as we progress with another 4-5 APAC markets currently under consideration.
- Willingness to travel is important. Even though the role will be based in Jakarta, there will be a requirement to travel within Indonesia and also within the wider region depending on projects being considered.
- Strong mathematical / problem solving abilities.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint capabilities.
- Good analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Use own initiative to propose work methodologies and solutions to problems.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Able to maintain the respect and confidence of team members.
- A self-starter with a "can-do" attitude who demonstrates hands-on accountability for their area of responsibility.
- Good persuasion skills, a good networker and a good negotiator.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English. A desire to learn new languages such as Bahasa in Indonesia in order to foster relationships with local partners, local banks, government agencies etc.