- Reporting to: Studies and New Projects Executive, Chile
- Department: Environmental
- Job Location: antiago, Chile
- Travel Required: Frequently National and International
Mainstream is a global developer of utility scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Summary of the Role:
As Environmental Specialist, you will be responsible for leading environmental assessment of green hydrogen projects until obtaining the RCA, preparing environmental feasibilities studies of new business opportunities and develop due diligence. Activities will cover all aspects of environmental management in development projects phase, including the bidding processes and administrative project control. Also, you will have to know environmental technical issues in development projects and construction/operation process approach to introduce sustainable improvements in engineering.
What will you do?
- Lead and develop environmental bidding process.
- Lead and coordinate the work of environmental consultants during th preparation of environmental reports.
- Review engineering reports with a sustainable approach.
- Check and approve environmental reports during the environmental impact assessment.
- Communicate in a timely manner the environmental sensitivities and risks of the project.
- Control the costs and payment statements with the consultants that perform environmental services in the development phase.
- Support the Project Manager in making key decisions for the project, which have an impact on environmental issues or with the authority.
- Manage the schedule of project activities regarding the environmental assessment, providing information on deadlines and delays.
- Manage the meetings with the necessary authorities to present the project before, during or after its RCA.
- Prepare environmental reports during early projects process.
- Coordinate and review Due Dilligence.
What we require?
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Environmental Assessment, preferably in energy sector.
- Deep knowledge of the Environmental Impact Assessment System, Environmental Legislation and Renewable Energy Projects.
- Orientation to search new sustainable technologies.
- Knowledge of control and documentary and administrative management of projects.
- Recognition of environmental sensitivities and timely communication to stakeholders.
- People management skills to assemble multidisciplinary teams, including developers, engineers, lawyers, advisors, authorities, among others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for internal communication with management and external parties for liaison with stakeholders, technical advisors and authorities.
- Experience in renewable energies. Knowledge or experiencia in green hydrogen is an advantage.
- Experience in Due Dilligence.
- Must be motivated and able to take initiative to meet HYS and IMS area requirements.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is a must.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."