Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia. Mainstream Renewable Power is a renewable energy development company with operations in North America, South America, South Africa, Asia and Ireland.
Summary of the Role:
As Environmental Specialist, you will be responsible for matters related to the environmental management of the Company's projects, focusing in particular on the projects in the Development stage, for which your environmental authorizations must be managed. Its main responsibility will be to assume environmental evaluation processes of MRP projects, defining the requirements to be fulfilled by the consulting companies that are responsible for preparing the technical documents subject to the environmental impact assessment by the Environmental Authority. This implies guaranteeing that the environmental qualification resolution permits that are obtained comply with the required standards and are delivered within the stipulated deadlines.
What you will do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- Working alongside the project managers to select the consultants that will be in charge of the environmental impact assessment process (SEIA).
- Managing and monitoring the progress of the environmental impact assessments of our projects, developing the necessary work plans in order to reduce processing time.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact assessment of projects is carried out in accordance with the legal framework.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact assessment of projects is conducted on the basis of environmental measures that can be realistically and feasibly implemented (from a financial and operational perspective).
- Advising project managers on environmental-related matters associated to technical areas of the project.
- Contacting environmental authorities that have jurisdictions in the areas in which MRP’s projects are located, in order to ensure that the environmental impact assessment process is transparent and flows smoothly.
- Managing compliance with the commitments and requirements that are set forth in the environmental qualification resolutions for the projects that have received environmental permits, hiring any consultants that may be needed in order to implement the activities required to ensure that we are complying with the environmental permits in the case of each project.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory)
- Environmental engineering degree or any kind of Engineering degree with a postgraduate qualification in environmental studies.
- 5 years professional experience (general).
- 3 years experience working with the environmental impact assessment service (SEIA).
These Requirements are a Plus for the Candidates:
- Experience in renewable energy projects.
- Experience with integrated management systems.
- Experience working at the construction stage of energy projects.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very attractive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.