Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide. We specialise in developing, building and operating renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power has a large wind and solar development pipeline in Chile which includes a wind farm of 33 MW in commercial operation since 2013, 300 MW of projects under construction and 1 GW of wind projects to be built.
We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Environmental Engineer to join our Chilean Health, Safety and Environmental team.
You will be responsible for matters related to the environmental management of the Company's projects, focusing in particular on the projects in the Development stage, for which your environmental authorizations must be managed. Its main responsibility will be to lead environmental evaluation processes of MRP projects, defining the requirements to be fulfilled by the consulting companies that are responsible for preparing the technical documents subject to the environmental impact assessment by the Environmental Authority. This implies guaranteeing that the environmental qualification resolution permits that are obtained comply with the required standards and are delivered within the stipulated deadlines.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Working alongside the project managers to select the consultants that will be in charge of the environmental impact assessment process (SEIA).
- Managing and monitoring the progress of the environmental impact assessments of our projects, developing the necessary work plans in order to reduce processing time.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact assessment of projects is carried out in accordance with the legal framework.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact assessment of projects is conducted on the basis of environmental measures that can be realistically and feasibly implemented (from a financial and operational perspective).
- Advising project managers on environmental-related decisions related to technical areas of the project.
- Contacting environmental authorities that have jurisdictions in the areas in which MRP’s projects are located, in order to ensure that the environmental impact assessment process is transparent and flows smoothly.
- Managing compliance with the commitments and requirements that are set forth in the environmental qualification resolutions for the projects that have received environmental permits, hiring any consultants that may be needed in order to implement the activities required to ensure that we are complying with the environmental permits in the case of each project.
The Successful Candidate will have the following Education, Experience and Characteristics are considered essential for the role:
- Environmental engineering degree or any kind of Engineering degree with a postgraduate qualification in environmental studies.
- 5 years professional experience (general).
- 3 years experience working with the environmental impact assessment service (SEIA).
These Requirements are a Plus for the Candidates:
- Experience in renewable energy projects.
- Experience with integrated management systems.
- Experience working at the construction stage of energy projects.
What is offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, with the financial capability to meet the demands of a fast-paced industry. You will receive a competitive total benefits package.