Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide. We specialise in developing, building and operating renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power has a large wind and solar development pipeline in Chile which includes a wind farm of 33 MW in commercial operation since 2013, 300 MW of projects under construction and 1 GW of wind projects to be built.
We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Environmental Engineer to join our Chilean Health, Safety and Environmental team.
Provide comprehensive technical assistance in environmental issues to MRP projects that are in the construction stage, ensuring effective control of the environmental aspects identified and the environmental legal requirements and corporate guidelines applicable to each MRP construction project.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead the environment team in construction, systematizing the activities, responsibilities and functions of the positions in each project.
- Advise the Project Manager of each project under construction in environmental matters, ensuring the correct understanding of the commitments and obligations that it must fulfil.
- Ensure the implementation of the corporate guidelines in environmental management matters in Construction, in coherence with the applicable environmental regulations and the specific environmental authorizations that each project has.
- Coordinate the control of compliance with the commitments and environmental obligations of each project during its construction stage, as well as obtaining the necessary permits for the correct progress of activities and works.
- Ensure compliance with the Environmental Management Plan applicable to each project under construction, in order to prevent the work from negatively impacting the environment of the place where the project is executed, keeping the Plan of agreement updated to changes in the project.
- Periodically review the environmental status of projects under construction, defining preventive, corrective and improvement measures if necessary.
- Implement a reportability system for each project under construction, to ensure compliance with all communication commitments and project report on environmental matters.
The Successful Candidate will have the following Education, Experience and Characteristics are considered essential for the role:
- Engineer of any specialty with degree in environment.
- 8 years of work experience (similar position) in the construction business.
These Requirements are a Plus for the Candidates:
- Experience in projects that have been submitted to the Environmental Impact Assessment System.
- Experience in management of inspections of the Environmental Authority (SMA), and presentation of compliance programs.
- Experience in the design and implementation of environmental management systems.
What is offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, with the financial capability to meet the demands of a fast-paced industry. You will receive a competitive total benefits package.