- Reporting to Engineering & Construction Site Manager
- Department Engineering & Construction Site
- Job Location Santiago de Chile
- Travel Required Intermittent travel to sites in Chile
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than seven gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions.
Summary of Role:
As the Engineering Leader, you will be responsible to provide expert coordination and support on engineering in relation to Mainstream’s business in Chile. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all Mainstream´s projects are built according either the quality and current regulation requirements, optimizing internal and external engineering resources.
What you will do?
- Develop and implement structures, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department.
- Coordinate, facilitate and assign tasks to the engineering team supervising and evaluating the work.
- Hire and train engineering staff building teamwork.
- Act as mentor for new engineering team members.
- Set and review professional development goals for the engineering team.
- Set and review professional objectives for the engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with customers and maintain a proper communication visualizing company challenges and proposing alternatives to succeed.
- Assist in due diligence on project sells and acquisitions in Chile and new markets.
- Undertaking the Owners Engineer coordination role in front of EPC Contractors.
- Interfacing with and managing external consultants and contractors.
- Assist and align the proper verification of the design of the projects according to the employer requirements and the current regulation.
- Supervision of reports to give updates on projects.
- Support Project and Site Managers in analysing construction works issues and recommending corrective actions.
- Assist on estimate of both bill of quantities and budgets for projects.
- Support the assessment of constructability of green-field and brown-field projects.
- Propose modifications or improvements on Employer’s Requirements based on continuous lessons learnt process.
What we require?
The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills:
A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to create teamwork environment, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain sight of the ‘big picture’ and overarching objectives at all time.
- Good IT skills, including experience with MS Word, Excel and Project packages.
- Knowledge of engineering software (AutoCAD, ArcGIS, others).
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Fluent in Spanish and English (written and spoken).
Education and Experience
- A degree in Civil Engineering, with background in a specific rea.
- 15 or more years of global engineering experience and demonstrable experience in engineering for non-conventional renewable power generating projects.
- Demonstrable experience in construction of electrical generation and transmission projects.
- Demonstrable experience in a supervising and coordination position.
- Demonstrable experience managing internal and external resources.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.