As the Intern Engineer, you will be required to support and give technical assistance to the Operation Engineers in all their tasks pertaining to the operational facilities across South Africa.
This is a 2 year fixed term contract.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of automated reports, asset registers, visual tools and maintenance recording procedures at all sites.
- Support Site and Asset Managers for the project monthly and weekly reports.
- Interface with all contractors on the wind farms to support the plant managers and plant technicians on the wind farms.
- Investigate new technologies to implement on wind farms and in the office to simplify processes.
- Familiarise yourselves with the grid codes and any other applicable codes and standards for renewable power plants.
- Support Operations Engineers with all technical analytics using statistical analysis of high frequency data to ensure maintenance and operations of turbines are done correctly.
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines as and when required.
The ideal candidate will be equipped with the following key skills:
- A degree in Engineering or similar with a focus on programming required.
- In depth understanding of computer systems, databases, computer interface languages and telecoms.
- Understanding of wind turbines, solar and substation technology a benefit.
- Candidate should have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Candidate should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good command of English with Afrikaans in addition preferable.
- Valid drivers’ licence.
- Willingness to further develop skills and experience, by further education and training.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Packages e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook is considered essential.
- Understanding of Python or R, SQL databases knowledge a benefit.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team.
The position will be based in Cape Town and may require travel to our operational sites.
MAMSA is currently working remotely and the Intern will have all tools available to work from home as required. Support from the Engineers will be given either face to face (as allowed) or over video calls to ensure learning and integration into the team.