- Reporting to: Commercial Manager
- Department: Commercial & Legal
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: Yes, national and international if required
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies.
Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for an Energy Market & Regulatory Analyst. This position will be in charge of supporting the power purchase agreements and regulatory framework discussions, will maintain and review commercial models and market model inputs, predominantly focusing in the Chilean/Colombian market but also looking after the Americas region in order to assist with Mainstream’s expansion into other Latin American Markets.
This role will be part of the Commercial team, working in the following areas: tenders, PPAs, regulatory. framework discussions, market analysis support and different areas within the company such as Procurement, Construction, Engineering, Operations and Project Finance.
The role also support Mainstream’s other global markets as required.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- Support financing team (i.e. financial modeller and market analysis)
- Review reports from market consulting companies.
- Provide and review assumptions in commercial model for MRP projects.
- Support acquisition/investment/tender/bidding appraisal activities of multi-million-dollar projects globally.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft suite (in particular Excel)
- PPA analysis for regulated and non-regulated costumers.
- Participate in regulatory discussion into the Chilean/Colombian electricity market focusing in renewable energy business impact.
- Support regulatory analysis for other Latin American Markets.
- Maintain updated the database of electricity market (spot prices, Energy, Power Plants, etc).
- Build commercial reports and/or regulatory framework reports to keep Chile and Dublin offices updated.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Engineering degree or similar is required for the Job.
- Years of experience: maximum 3 years in the Chilean electricity market working in PPA analysis/Management.
- PPA administration is mandatory.
- Expertise in Chilean electricity market and regulation is a must.
- Knowledge about other Latin American electricity markets is desirable.
- An eye for detail and proactive approach to analysis, intellectual curiosity, good mathematical credentials and ability.
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Power Point and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to analyse qualitative & quantitative information for decision making.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative for requirements of the asset delivery team.
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity but must be able to integrate into diversified multifunctional teams as required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexibility to Travel as required.
- English and Spanish proficiency are desirable.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."