- Reporting to: Commercial Manager
- Department: Commercial
- Job Location: Santiago Chile Office
- Travel Required: National and international if required
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for an Energy Market Executive. This position will be in charge of supporting the power purchase agreements and regulatory framework discussions, will maintain and review commercial models and market model inputs, predominantly focusing in the Chilean market but also looking after the Americas region in order to assist with Mainstream’s expansion into other Latin American Markets.
This role will be part of the Commercial team, working in the following areas: tenders, PPAs, regulatory framework discussions, market analysis support and different areas within the company such as Procurement, Construction, Engineering, Operations and Project Finance.
The role also support Mainstream’s other global markets as required.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
- Support financing team (i.e. financial modeller and market analysis)
- Review reports from market consulting companies.
- Provide and review assumptions in commercial model for MRP projects.
- Support acquisition/investment/tender/bidding appraisal activities of multi-million dollar projects globally.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft suite (in particular Excel)
- Experience in building, running, and maintaining market models (OSE2000, Ameba, PLP-PCP, Plexos and others, etc.) data bases and execute base cases and sensitivities.
- Perform supply and demand forecasting for electricity market (R software, Time Series Analysis among others).
- PPA simulation for regulated and non-regulated costumers.
- Participate in regulatory discussion into the Chilean electricity market focusing in renewable energy business impact.
- Support regulatory analysis for other Latin American Markets.
- Maintain updated the database of electricity market (spot prices, Energy, Power Plants, etc).
- Build commercial reports and/or regulatory framework reports to keep Chile and Dublin offices updated.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]:
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory).
- Electrical Engineering degree or similar is required.
- Years of experience: minimum 2 years in the Chilean electricity market.
- Renewable energy industry experience is desirable.
- Strong expertise in Chilean electricity market is a must.
- Knowledge about other Latin American electricity markets is desirable.
- An eye for detail and proactive approach to analysis, intellectual curiosity, good mathematical credentials and ability.
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to analyse qualitative & quantitative information for decision making.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to take initiative for requirements of the asset delivery team.
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexibility to Travel as required.
- English and Spanish proficiency are desirable.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.