SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Financial Modeller will be in charge of preparing, building and reviewing financial models and inputs under a Project Financing structure. On the other hand, the candidate will be part of the commercial assessment team looking for new business opportunites, predominantly focusing in the Chile energy market but also looking after the Americas region in order to assist with Mainstream’s expansion into other Latin American Markets, for example: Colombia.
This role will lead the modelling process from the Mainstream side, working closely with the New Business and Regulation Manager, Energy Market Executive, the Project Finance team and different areas within the company such as Development, Procurement, Construction, Engineering and Operations.
The role will also support Mainstream’s other global markets as required. The role could require travel to other Mainstream offices.
- Design, build and maintain highly complex financial models for renewable energy projects and energy storage systems for Commercial and Project Finance activities
- Work along with Energy Market executive to raise relevant considerations for modelling for each market
- Get involved in enery market simulation software for spot prices projections.
- Accurate management of information flows used to maintain financial models
- Participate in Project Finance related activities through analysis and evaluation of structured banking credits or other sources of financing
- Take responsibility for structural integrity and functionality of models including accounting, tax and regulatory requirements of various global markets
- Support the tender and bidding appraisal activities of multi-million dollar projects globally through financial modelling
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and projects as required
- Clear financial analysis and communication of results for internal and external parties.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft suite (in particular Excel)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Relevant financial qualification preferable, with exposure to and experience of financial modeling. 2 to 4 years experience desirable.
- Master in Financer would be desirable, but not essential.
- Renewable energy or wider energy industry experience is desirable, but not essential.
- An eye for detail and proactive approach to analysis, intellectual curiosity, good mathematical credentials and ability
- Proficient with MS Excel, VBA and MS Office Suite
- Good understanding of Financial Statements
- Must be self motivated and be able to take initiative for requirements of the asset delivery team
- Ability to analyse qualitative & quantitative information for decision making
- Ability to work unsupervised a necessity, but must be able to integrate into diversified multi-functional teams as required
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to Travel as required
- English and Spanish proficiency are a prerequisite.