Summary of Role:
Mainstream Energy Analysis Group (EAG) seeks to appoint an Energy Analyst based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam with at least 2-3 years of working experience in energy analysis and a strong understanding of wind and solar analysis.
This is a regional role which involves close collaboration with APAC EAG staff, as well as Development, Procurement, Engineering, and Commercial colleagues in working on Mainstream’s projects in multiple APAC locations. The role also offers the opportunity to work on onshore and offshore wind projects, as well as solar and floating PV.
What you will do?
- Providing high quality energy analysis deliverables to multiple project teams.
- Design of optimal site-specific measurement campaigns for wind and solar project sites, including cost/benefit assessments of different technologies.
- Overseeing installation, maintenance, and decommissioning of temporary met masts, onshore and floating LiDAR units and solar stations, including H&S for these activities.
- Overseeing data collection and quality control to ensure maximum data coverage.
- Wind farm layout design, including LCoE layout optimisation. Preliminary solar farm design.
- Internal wind and solar Energy Production Estimates with the highest possible accuracy, lowest possible uncertainty. These are delivered in accordance with required project timelines.
- Procurement, management and review of third-party energy production and site conditions reports, ensuring optimal service from suppliers.
- Communication of site-specific energy production and site condition risks to project teams.
- Energy Analysis due diligence for potential acquisition sites.
- Collaboration with global EAG colleagues, consisting of >15 staff members, to provide continuous quality improvement of all processes. This includes review and testing of EAG’s in-house procedures and tools, including proprietary data management and analysis system (using Python/Django).
The above tasks will be carried out following the Energy Analysis Group’s standards.
What we require?
- This role requires 2-3 years of pre-construction wind analysis experience across a range of markets; solar experience an advantage, however training can be provided.
- Graduate with an honours engineering or other relevant technical degree as a minimum.
- Best-practise knowledge of wake modelling, floating LiDAR measurements, and layout design.
- Offshore wind experience is an advantage.
- Experience working for a lenders’ advisor, OEM supplier, developer, or operator of wind and/or solar projects.
- Ability to define non-standard work requirements within joint ventures and international project teams, and to anticipate and manage the workload accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills, a strong mathematical and analysis background, and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues are essential.
- Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgement, self-starter with an inquisitive nature.
- Experience in the use of some or all of: Openwind, WAsP, Windographer, WindSim (or other CFD wind flow models), mesoscale modelling, PVsyst and PVDesign.
- Experience in the analysis of operational wind farms and/or IEC power curve testing is an advantage.
- Programming/software development experience is an advantage. Ideally experienced with SQL, Python, PANDAS.
- Fluency in English. Vietnamese will be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally.