Mainstream Renewable Power ("Mainstream") is a recognised leading global renewable energy developer and investor. Its primary business areas are onshore and offshore wind and solar PV. It has a project development portfolio of 8.5GW across Africa, South and Central America and is focused on a number of markets in Asia including Vietnam and the Philippines.
Mainstream is a market leader in South Africa and Chile where it has successfully won competitive tenders for approximately 2GW of wind and solar projects. The company has raised more than €1.3 billion in project finance to date and employs 160 staff in ten countries, across five continents.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream is looking for an Energy Analyst to join the team based in Santiago, Chile. The purpose of the role is to support business activities by conducting energy analysis for wind and solar development projects in Chile and potential new markets in Latin America. The role will also support the management of the meteorological stations in Chile.
The successful candidate will be highly conscientious, self-starting and is expected to have an appetite for learning. This position will be part of the global Energy Analysis Group.
What you will do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]
- Design of wind and solar projects.
- Design of site-specific measurement campaigns for wind and solar sites.
- Analysis and reporting of site measurements and management of communication with measurement technology suppliers. Wind site measurements include met masts and LiDAR.
- Production of internal wind/solar resource and Energy Production Estimates.
- Management and review of third-party energy production reports.
- Liaising with turbine suppliers regarding turbine suitability and solar panel manufacturers regarding technology options.
- Communication of site-specific energy production and site condition risks to project teams.
- Reviewing of data, energy production reports and site conditions reports of potential acquisition sites.
- Overseeing installation, maintenance and decommissioning of temporary meteorological stations, including all related Health and Safety.
- Overseeing the collection and quality control of meteorological data to ensure maximum data coverage.
- Contribution to the Energy Analysis Group’s research and development, including continuous improvement of existing systems.
- Participate in industry bodies and initiatives.
The above tasks will be carried out following the global Energy Analysis Group’s standards. The successful candidate will play a role in the development of procedures and analysis techniques for existing and new renewable energy technologies within the Energy Analysis Group.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Candidates with 2-3 years of wind and/or solar Energy Analysis experience are preferred
- Graduate with an honours engineering or physical science degree as a minimum. Masters candidates preferred.
- Highly analytical and inquisitive, with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgement.
- Experience with management of contractors and quality control of meteorological measurements is an advantage.
- Programming with Python an advantage, including PANDAS for Python.
- Experience in MS Office especially Excel.
- Experience in the use of WAsP, Openwind, Windographer, WindFarmer, PVsyst or other related wind and solar resource assessment software, is an advantage.
- Experience with non-linear wind flow models (WindSim, MeteoDyn…), solar databases and LiDAR is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues are essential.
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Other languages are an advantage.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally.
- Interested in working across international markets.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry.