Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for an Energy Analyst in Cape Town
Key responsibilities for the role include:
• Design of wind and solar projects.
• Design of site-specific measurement campaigns for wind and solar sites.
• Analysis and reporting of site measurements and management of communication with measurement technology suppliers. Wind site measurements include met masts and LiDAR.
• Production of internal wind/solar resource and Energy Production Estimates.
• Management and review of third party energy production reports.
• Liaising with turbine suppliers regarding turbine suitability and solar panel manufacturers regarding technology options.
• Communication of site-specific energy production and site condition risks to project teams.
• Reviewing of data, energy production reports and site conditions reports of potential acquisition sites.
• Overseeing installation, maintenance and decommissioning of temporary meteorological stations, including all related Health and Safety.
• Overseeing the collection and quality control of meteorological data to ensure maximum data coverage.
• Assessment of operational renewable energy assets.
• Contribution to the Energy Analysis Group’s research and development, including continuous improvement of existing systems.
• Participate in industry bodies and initiatives.
The above tasks will be carried out following the Energy Analysis Group’s standards. The successful candidate will play a role in the development of procedures and analysis techniques for existing and new renewable energy technologies within the Energy Analysis Group.
What we require:
• Preference will be given to candidates with some wind and solar Energy Analysis experience.
• Graduate with an honours engineering or physical science degree as a minimum. Masters candidates preferred.
• Highly analytical and inquisitive, with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgement.
• Programming with Python an advantage, including PANDAS for Python would be ideal.
• Experience in MS Office especially Excel.
• Experience in the use of WAsP, Openwind, PVsyst or other related wind and solar resource assessment software, is an advantage.
• Experience with non-linear wind flow models, solar databases and LiDAR is an advantage.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues are essential.
• Fluency in English. Other South African languages are an advantage.
• Willingness to travel nationally and internationally.
• Full, clean driving licence.