Mainstream Renewable Power, global developer of wind and solar renewable projects, is seeking an Energy Analysis Software Developer to manage wind and solar measurement data. The position requires at least 3 years of experience in software development, analysis of big data, database operation and development of reporting and visualization tools.
The role, which is part of the global Energy Analysis Group (EAG), will be based in Dublin and offers the successful applicant the opportunity to drive the development of a business-critical software platform during an exciting period of growth. The role will support Mainstream’s goal towards digitalisation of processes and systems.
• Contribute to the Energy Analysis Group’s research and development, including development and
continuous improvement of standards, tools, software and procedures in use in EAG for conducting internal
• Develop software solutions to provide flexible reporting solutions.
• Retrieving and homogenizing data from operational wind and solar renewable energy power plants, for the purpose of production analysis.
• Retrieving and homogenizing data from a wide range of meteorological stations, including meteorological
masts, remote sensing devices and third-party reanalysis & satellite data sources.
• Maintain and develop the EAG’s in-house data management and analysis system (using Python/Django).
• Ensure the integrity of data in EAG’s database systems and maintain their efficient operation.
• Develop tools for analysing operational data from renewable energy power plants and meteorological stations.
• Automate repetitive EAG activities to streamline the production of key group deliverables.
• Use machine learning and artificial intelligence where appropriate to automate data analysis and quality
• Liaising with external contractors when additional work is required for the systems development and
• Liaising with Information Solutions (IS) department.
Knowledge and Key Skills:
• This role requires a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience working as a software developer, data
engineer or data scientist
• Programming/software development experience with SQL and Python. Experience with Django for Python
web development highly desirable. Other programming languages will be an advantage.
• Degree in Computer Science, Science, Engineering or a similar technical discipline
• Excellent communication skills, a strong mathematical and analysis background, and the ability to
communicate technical issues to non-technical colleagues are essential.
• Highly analytical with attention to detail and ability to exercise engineering judgement.
• Experience implementing Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence models to solve business problems.
• Knowledge of web servers and automation. Ideally able to put a web interface to internal tools.
• Fluency in English. Other languages are an advantage.
• Self-starter with an inquisitive nature.
• Ability to understand users’ requirements and design software to achieve their required outcomes.