- Reporting to: Energy Account Manager, Chile
- Department: Finance, Asset Management
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: Only if required
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than seven gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. Since entering the Chilean market in 2009, Mainstream has built up the most comprehensive portfolio of wind and solar energy projects in the country, extending to over 2,000 megawatts across more than 40 projects.
Summary of Role:
Andes Mainstream Renewable Power was awarded in the 2016 DisCo’s tenders, seven 20 years PPA’s with several distribution companies up to 3.3 TWh/Year. The USD 2 billion assets platform is under construction, operational phase has began gradually form January 2021. The successful candidate will join the Asset Management team and will report to Energy Account Manager.
What you will do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]
A key feature of this role will be collaboration, both internally and externally, with the ability to work cross-functionally with all departments.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on both operation and regulatory monitoring.
- Support the analysis of the regulation of the electricity market with focus on the factors that could affect the Mainstream business both in the operation of its PPA's and in the operation of its plants.
- Support the preparation and calculation of weekly energy margins.
- Research, develop and present reports and strategic documents to the different areas which influence the daily operation of Mainstream's coordinates.
- Support in the calculation of the monthly operating provision.
- Support the Energy Account Manager to provide the best analysis and advice for the company's strategies.
- Support to represent to the National Electrical Coordinator on any requests and/or information from the Balance of energy with the system
- Providing other support, as requested, to Energy Account Manager, and finance team.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Our preferred candidate will be educated to degree level, with 3+ years of working experience in Electrical Generators, Distributors, Energy Consultant firms.
- Have broadly understanding of the Chilean electrical system.
- Keep attention to detail is required with the ability to work without constant supervision
- A high level of spoken and written Spanish and English is mandatory.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."