Mainstream is a global developer of utility-scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power South Africa has been awarded a total of 2.1 gigawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011.
In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline. Our partnership with Aker Horizons enables the Company to strive towards our ambitious targets of securing 5.5 GWs of renewable assets to FC and be IPO ready by 2023. In 2022, an equity partnership with Mitsui strengthened our position and continued our growth trajectory across the world.
Mainstream has raised more than €3.0bn in project finance to date and employs over 500 staff across 11 countries.
Summary of Role:
As the document controller you will actively take part within the construction team as it relates to the development, construction, or operations of projects. Furthermore, as the document controller you will be required to review all the project documents to evaluate and identify key areas to ensure continuous compliance with the procedures and standards that need to be adhered to during construction.
What will you do?
- The Document Controller provides assistance to with document control during Construction, supporting the correct document management in accordance with the company work breakdown structure including the continuous development and improvement of such systems.
- Responsibilities include review of the company SharePoint sites of construction, developing and maintaining standards of best practice for the company.
- Support the project teams with periodic document review and providing access to third parties who require documents as part of the construction process.
- Monitoring and auditing of the project documents uploaded to the information database on a continuous basis ensuring all information and documentation being saved to the company database conform to procedures and standards of the company.
- Create, maintain, review, and administer the construction procedures and standards as it relates to document management before and during construction.
- Liaising with project team members to ensure documents being uploaded comply with company requirements
- As and when required, the document control may be requested to assist with project activities which includes taking minutes and such other activities related to administration of the projects.
- Liaise with other departments and project team members when new procedures and standards are required, assisting with the development thereof.
- Liaise with contractor and third-party document controllers which require access to data rooms for information, managing access and ensuring access is provided and removed as and when required.
What we require?
The candidate must be equipped with at least 2 years’ experience and a proven track record of data management and document control for major construction projects preferably in the wind industry.
The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills:
Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to always maintain sight of the ‘big picture’ and overarching objectives
- Good general IT skills, including experience with MS Office, SharePoint
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.