Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale renewable power plants. The company is focused on delivering into operations, a high-quality portfolio of onshore and offshore wind, solar, and hybrid assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa, Asia and in offshore wind markets globally.
Department: Chief Technical Officer
Travel Requirement: Some International to all Regions
Summary of Role:
At Mainstream, we believe digital solutions will accelerate our emergence as a renewable energy major. By leveraging our unique insight into renewable energy, we will minimize LCoE, create flexible energy solutions for customers, and generate sustainable new revenue streams, all supported by a holistic digital platform applicable across the full value chain and across technologies.
The Digitalization Lead is a senior role within the company with overall responsibility for all aspects of Mainstream’s Digitalization programme globally, including:
- Delivering on Mainstream’s Digital Ambition.
- Defining the digitalization roadmap and strategy for Mainstream over the medium term.
- Coordinate regional and functional Digitalisation initiatives
- Constant alignment of the digitalization roadmap with business objectives.
- Optimise interface and data integrity between IT and Operational Technology (OT).
- Lead Mainstream’s involvement within the Aker Horizon electron digital program.
- Stakeholder management & customer satisfaction.
- Lead interaction with third party digitalization expert companies and academia.
The role requires strategic long-term vision, technical leadership, and responsibility for developing, maintaining, and promoting all of Mainstream’s digital ambition initiatives.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Work closely with internal Mainstream operational functions (including Development, Construction and O&M functions) and support functions (SHEQ, Finance, Procurement etc) to implement Mainstream’s long-term Digital Ambition.
- From analysis of business needs, identify and implement digitalization projects that will drive operational efficiency.
- Develop a Governance standard for Data Utilisation across the Business, to ensure a consistent and usable, “Data First” and “API Centric“ approach.
- Develop and maintain a set of overarching Architectural Principles for Operational Technology at Mainstream in close alignment with the Mainstream IS team.
- Integration of Information Technology and Operational Technology in collaboration with the Mainstream IS team and the internal Mainstream operational teams.
- Manage a portfolio of digitalization and innovation projects, optimising efficiency across the full value chain from feasibility to operating projects.
- Own the Mainstream Ideas Register for capturing innovation and digitalization project ideas from across the business.
- Establish (communication) plan to underpin continuous communication on purpose and value from digital initiatives.
- Establish an overview of digital competencies across the company and initiate corresponding training initiatives.
- Provide direction on business process automation initiatives across the organisation and technology recommendations that minimise business process inefficiencies.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal resources and external entities, including IT vendors and partner organizations.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of technology environments, especially information security, cloud technologies, AI, digitalisation programmes and automation technologies.
- Experience in an Operational Technology (OT) environment, ideally in the power industry.
- Knowledge of power industry or another industrial industry.
- Experience in planning and executing long-termstrategies and standards development.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IS and IT in solving business problems.
- Extensive knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and a solidunderstanding of renewable energy development, construction, and operations.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- An appreciation ofnegotiation and contract management skills.
- A positive “can-do” attitude.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.