SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Development Manager is responsible for implementing the strategy for the securing of all permissions, environmental consents and land agreements to fully consented stage so that they can be taken through financial close and into construction and operation.
- Safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) performance for the Mainstream Phu Cuong Company development team
- Putting in place and maintaining H+S (Health and Safety) processes and procedures to assure safe delivery of the Mainstream Phu Cuong project
- Deliver fully consented wind projects in three stages as per agreed targets
- Manage the progression and consenting of the nearshore wind sites through all stages of development including:
- Management of the complete wind development process, including land leases, energy analysis, GIS analysis, environmental studies, permitting, grid interconnection and building community support.
- Selection and management of consultants to assist in the above areas.
- Interacting with permitting stakeholders at local, provincial and national levels.
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams: energy analysis, engineering, construction, finance, corporate affairs, corporate finance, management.
- Performance reporting on progress against Business targets.
- Owning and managing the JV development budget.
- Identifying, recruiting and retaining the human capital required to deliver the JV targets.
- Ensuring effective risk management is in place across the JV development business.
- Participate on behalf of the JV on the board or working groups of the relevant wind local and national industry forums.
- Delivery: the first priority of the role is to safely deliver fully consented projects.
- Leadership skills: ability to bring people along to cross multiple finish lines.
- Interpersonal and communication skills: need to be able to build and maintain relationships within the development business (down), across all functions at Mainstream (sideways), with Mainstream’s Senior Management Team (up), and with customers / investors (out).
- Renewables: deep knowledge of all aspects of development of wind projects.
- Change management: oversee specific business initiatives, including growth, expansion.
- Strategy: propose strategy for the ongoing development activities to development Director annually.
- Project and program management: manage project portfolio that consists of 3 individual projects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Energy, Planning, or Environment with min of 10 years’ experience
- Project management experience is required and a project management qualification (such as PMP) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the Vietnam renewables market specifically:
- The Vietnam energy sector and policies
- The Vietnam environmental permitting system and Vietnamese
- environmental legislation
- Legal terms of industry standard land agreements (option, lease, wayleave)
- Experience working with key Vietnam wind stakeholders:
- Grid owners
- Grid operators (e.g. EVN) and regulators
- The Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT)
- Industry associations
- Developers currently active in the Vietnam market (as competitors, acquisition targets)
- Procurement and contract administration experience is required. The successful candidate will be required to procure services, equipment and works from a selection of vendors, execute contracts with these vendors and then administer and close out these contracts.
- Command of both Vietnamese and English is a must.