- Reporting to: Deputy Environmental Manager Development and Permits, Chile
- Department: Environmental
- Job Location: Santiago, Chile
- Travel Required: Sometimes National Travel
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of the Role
Ms. Associate will be in charge of preparing the environmental assessment of the projects in the development phase until obtaining the RCA, considering optimization processes of the projects through Relevance Consultations, if applicable. The main responsibilities of the candidate will be to lead bidding processes, environmental and administrative management of the project, participate in key development decisions and propose improvements.
The candidate will support the Project Manager in the project development process, providing relevant information on environmental sensitivities, risks and opportunities. It will support evaluating the requirements and reviewing the documentation of the bidders, and later, of the documents that are part of the process, both from external advisors or other parties involved in Mainstream.
This role will work closely with the different areas within the company, such as Legal, Engineering, Communities, Finance and Development. The role requires detailed knowledge of environmental technical development of projects, financing of renewable projects in Chile also support other global Mainstream markets as required. The position may require travel to other regions of the country or locations of interest to Mainstream
What will you do?
- Lead the environmental bidding process for the evaluation of projects under development, making the technical reviews of the bidders.
- Coordinate the preparation of the environmental report with the interested parties.
- Communicate in a timely manner the environmental sensitivities and risks of the project.
- Control the costs and payment statements with the consultants that perform environmental services in the development phase.
- Support the Project Manager in making key decisions for the project, which have an impact on environmental issues or with the authority.
- Manage the schedule of project activities regarding the environmental assessment, providing information on deadlines and delays.
- Manage the meetings with the necessary authorities to present the project before, during or after its RCA.
What we require?
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Environmental Assessment, preferably in the energy sector with demonstrated ability to lead the management and execution of environmental studies.
- Deep knowledge of the Environmental Impact Assessment System, Environmental Legislation and Renewable Energy Projects.
- Knowledge of control and documentary and administrative management of projects.
- Recognition of environmental sensitivities and timely communication to stakeholders.People management skills to assemble multidisciplinary teams, including developers, engineers, lawyers, advisors, authorities, among others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for internal communication with management and external parties for liaison with stakeholders, technical advisors and authorities.
- Experience in renewable energies.
- Must be motivated and able to take initiative to meet HYS and IMS area requirements.
- The ability to work unsupervised is a must, but must be able to integrate into diversified cross-functional teams as needed.
- Flexibility to travel as needed.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is a prerequisite.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization, a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Annual Aguinaldo
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Annual leave, plus a community or charity workday each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Complementary health insurance
- Life, disability and catastrophic cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- (Employee Wellness Programme)
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!