- Reporting to: General Manager LatAm
- Job Location: Bogotá, Colombia
- Travel Required: Frequently Local and Abroad
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream is looking for an experienced Country Manager to grow our business in Colombia and expand our renewable energy footprint.
This role is primarily focused on identifying and following up on renewable energy opportunities for Mainstream in Colombia and evaluating projects which have been presented to Mainstream. You will also be responsible for our market entry into Panama. The role will also involve the creation of development agreements & partnerships with selected partners.
The successful candidate will be highly conscientious and is expected to be fully mobile and flexible to travel frequently with Colombia as part of the role.
- Use business acumen and critical thinking to recommend action to management on whether to pursue, and how to pursue, these opportunities.
- Evaluate Renewable Energy projects in order to determine whether it is appropriate to invest in the projects from both a technical and business perspective.
- Co-ordinate the due diligence process to evaluate project viability.
- Work closely with the commercial team and others in support of the investment process.
- Work in project locations to manage close out of development activities and delivery of projects through financial close process.
- Negotiate agreements to secure and deliver wind and solar PV projects.
- Manage handover of developed projects to Project Delivery Team.
- Set up Mainstream's presence in new markets. Recruit local employees and help management to design governance structures which will represent & protect Mainstream in that Market and deliver on our objectives.
- Identify and remediate gaps in work breakdown structure for projects.
- Prepare Business Plan for Colombia and Panama, according to the company’s Financial Close targets
- Responsible for the successful leadership, Business Administration and Business Development of Mainstream’s operations in Colombia.
- Responsible for the achievement of all commercial objectives including, P&L, tax, investments, HR, legal, controlling, operations and HSE.
- Project Development, Project Acquisition and Contract negotiations, financial closure, successful execution, and sale of renewable energy power plants in Colombia.
- Represent and develop the company’s interests in commercial, legislative, and regulatory circles, interest groups and networks in Colombia and Panama, reinforcing relation with local authorities.
- Define and compellingly present the value proposition of Mainstream’s business model to prospective clients, decision makers and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain necessary networks to stakeholders at different levels that effect the successful development and completion of projects.
- Close communication and alignment with corporate guidelines, PR policies and Compliance.
- Regular reporting to the General Manager, LATAM.
Education and Experience:
- Degree qualified with a minimum of 10 years' experience in a business development function.
- Experienced in managing an international business within the renewable energy industry or in other industries facing similar market conditions and challenges such as power, construction, and property, Project Development or Project Finance.
- Experienced in negotiating and closing complex contracts such as Project Development and Project Finance Agreements, EPC contracts as well as PPA’s
- The candidate will need an in-depth knowledge about Colombia’s energy and/or property market as well as practical experience of managing the specifics of country specific planning and grid connection procedures and formalities
- Enthusiastic Self-starter with the ability to make sound commercial decisions.
- Excellent Project Management skills and a highly organised approach to work. Experience of working on environmental assessments or any aspect of power generation development projects is considered an advantage.
- Decisive manager with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Candidates should have excellent written and oral communications skills in both Spanish and English. Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources, taking a lead role at meetings, setting priorities, and recording actions.
- Ability to use Microsoft software e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, and specialist software packages e.g. GIS, AutoCAD, MS Project, SharePoint is essential.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.