Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than seven gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
In South Africa, Mainstream has been awarded a total of 848 megawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011, making it the country’s most successful independent renewable energy developer. The company is currently operating 360MW and constructing a further 250MW of wind farm projects which are due to reach commercial operation in 2020.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. In Asia, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines.
Mainstream has raised more than €1.6bn in project finance to date and employs 160 staff across four continents.
Summary of Role :
As the Contract Management Leader, you will be responsible to provide contractual support and guidance to project managers aiming to ensure the fulfilment of both employer and contractor obligations. Furthermore, you will be responsible for properly managing claims, change orders and variation orders for EPC Contractors.
What you will do?
• Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
• Monitor compliance by company employees with established procedures.
• Liaise with Procurement team to review all major tenders during the formal page turn to ensure complete scope of works and interfaces are covered. Ensure all contracts have detailed sectional completion dates, delay damages etc.
• Mentor and coach Project Team in contract administration best practice and the appropriate use of the terms and conditions.
• Oversee the implementation of contract terms and conditions on all contracts.
• Ensure that every project works to the approved contract procedures and completes each register and proforma as the contract progresses. As a minimum this will include:
o Correspondence log
o Compensation event register
o Programme acceptance
o Sub-contractor approval
o Disallowed cost register
o Asset register
o Issuance of take over and completion certificate
• Liaise with financial team aiming to agree contracts payment procedure and process.
• Properly manage and solve claims presented by Contractors.
• Liaise with legal team on any potential litigation issues.
• Liaise with insurance brokers aiming to keep all construction insurances properly updated.
• Undertake performance health checks on each contract and issue Traffic Light Report on non-conformance and action improvement implementations.
• Review KPIs of key activities, highlighting good practice and corrective actions.
• Review compensation events to ensure appropriate cost and time evaluation.
• As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting procedures.
• Significant autonomy in work, but a strong reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s Asset Delivery procedures and process (this is based on PMI® PMBOK®).
What we require?
The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills:
• Strong ability in negotiation.
• An analytic and organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
• Leadership skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Able to identify issues, problems and opportunities; make timely decisions; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
• Able to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity.
• Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants
• Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to maintain sight of the ‘big picture’ and overarching objectives at all time.
• Good IT skills, including experience with MS Word, Excel and Project packages.
• Fluent in Spanish and English (written and spoken).
Education and Experience
• Professional qualification.
• A minimum of 10 years´ experience in contract management including at least two large infrastructure projects.
• Experience in contract management of FIDIC contracts.
• Experience of line managing, mentoring and training contract administrators through delivery of simultaneous projects.
• Knowledge of the value chain related to infrastructure projects: engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning processes.
• Background in project management required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning and financial control.
• Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.