Mainstream is a global developer of utility-scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power South Africa has been awarded a total of 2.1 gigawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late-stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. In Asia, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines.
In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline. Our partnership with Aker Horizons enables the Company to strive towards our ambitious targets of securing 5.5 GWs of renewable assets to FC and be IPO ready by 2023. In 2022, an equity partnership with Mitsui strengthened our position and continued our growth trajectory across the world.
Mainstream has raised more than €3.0bn in project finance to date and employs over 500 staff across 11 countries.
For more information, please visit https://www.mainstreamrp.com/
Summary of Role:
As the contract administrator you will take part in actively within the construction team as
it relates to the development, construction, or operations of projects. Furthermore, as the
contract administrator you will be required to review all the project agreements to evaluate
and identify key areas to ensure continuous compliance with the terms and conditions of
What you will do?
• The Contract Administrator provides assistance to the Senior Contract Manager for the
contract administration functions of all projects in construction.
• Responsibilities include the process of systematically and efficiently managing contract
creation, execution, and analysis for the purpose of maximizing financial and operational
performance and minimizing risk.
• Contract Administrators are required to stay updated on any regulatory and legislative
changes, ensuring that all contracts remain compliant
• Create, maintain, review, and administer the construction correspondence, correspondence
registers and associated individual project communication for all construction projects.
• Liaising with project planners/ project managers to ensure required notices/ early warnings
of scheduling conflicts with contractors that will delay the projects, are drafted, and
managed in accordance with the contracts
• Support negotiations of claims, manage contractual changes and resolve disputes or conflict resolution with Contractors
• Assess and prepare project documentation including payment request processes, approval
requests, minutes of meetings
• Providing scheduling assistance to the broader company within other business areas, including commercial, development from early project development through commercial works streams to financial close on the projects
What we require?
• Minimum of 2 years of contract administration experience
• Relevant Bachelor’s/ LLB Degree either in Law, Business management, Quantity Surveying, engineering or related fields with 2 or more years of project experience
• Proven work experience as a Contract Administrator
• Knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts
• Familiarity with accounting procedures
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
• Proactive, highly motivated and flexible
• Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners, Experienced with MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to build effective interpersonal relationships and contribute to a positive / productive
• Excellent analytical, organizational skills.
What we offer:
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing
market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including
an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.