Mainstream Renewable Power is recruiting an experienced Content Development and Policy Executive to work as part of its global Corporate Affairs team.
This is a new and exciting opportunity which will particularly appeal to someone with a passion for renewable energy, a proven ability to expertly analyse complex information, and a superior flair for storytelling in the English language.
This role will be Dublin-based and offers exposure across global energy markets and to a variety of senior leaders across our team around the world.
The role involves two over-arching areas of responsibility; (1) researching and collating energy insights across the sector globally and translating these into new content including thought-leadership Op-eds, blogs, video scripts and compelling content for the company’s digital and social media platforms, and (2) monitoring and reporting on energy policy issues across all Mainstream’s markets, including maintaining the monthly Corporate Affairs report
The candidate will report to Mainstream’s Head of Corporate Communications and will work closely with its Marketing Manager as well as Corporate Affairs colleagues in local markets.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Researching, Developing and Creating New Content
- Playing a key role in the research, development and creation of new content across Mainstream’s global digital platforms.
- Providing an accurate, comprehensive and efficient data research function for the Corporate Affairs team as well as senior leadership.
- Development of corporate narrative content including co-authoring blogs and thought-leaderships Op-Eds.
- Developing and producing scripts that deliver compelling insights for video blogs.
- Supporting Communications with input on infographics.
- Supporting development of digital communications, such as web content, narrative development and infographics.
- Supporting digital content creation across Mainstream’s platforms.
- Updating and optimizing content based on SEO best practices.
- Creating email marketing content that is compelling and drives engagement.
- Managing content approvals.
Analysing and Reporting on Energy Policy
- Performing advanced research on political issues and public policy that impact Mainstream’s activities in all its target markets.
- Developing and maintaining the company’s policy dashboard and monthly report for senior colleagues.
- Preparing high-quality briefing documents and issue papers in support of leadership’s decision-making.
- Keeping abreast of changes in policy globally which may create new business opportunities.
- Tracking the progress of key legislative activity in target markets.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for renewable energy, a sharp, analytical mind and a superior content writing ability.
- Ideally 2 years of relevant experience.
- An interest in, or experience of energy, electricity policy and renewable energy issues.
- Superior copywriting and storytelling skills in English.
- Excellent research data and management skills.
- Proven ability to simplify complex information and distil into clear, well developed and concise narrative.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deliverables at once.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- Superior proofreading skills.
- Demonstrate excellent qualitative and quantitative research skills.
- Prior experience in writing briefs and research products.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in communication, including digital media.
- A second language, particularly Spanish is ideal.
To apply for this vacancy please complete the short form and include your up-to-date CV and cover letter.