Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high quality portfolio of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia. Mainstream Renewable Power is a renewable energy development company with operations in North America, South America, South Africa, Asia and Ireland.
Summary Of Role
The Site Manager will be responsible for managing the safe and reliable performance of the wind / solar farm. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all contractors at site to ensure the operation and maintenance is carried out safely, on time and to the right standards.
Additional duties will include supervising contactors performing site Balance of Plant (BOP) maintenance and repairs to the O&M building, string roads, crane pads, fencing, met towers, communication systems, and computer networks as well as parts inventory, parts ordering, parts shipping & receiving, inventory security, stocking shelves, fork lift operation, and parts checkout within the CMMS.
- Ensure highest level of health and safety standard is maintained at the wind farm.
- Responsible for the health and safety and environmental management system of the wind / solar farm. (ISO and OHSAS standards)
- Responsible for the asset management system of the wind / solar farm (ISO standard)
- Oversee wind / solar farm operational issues, ensure appropriate maintenance is carried out by contractors.
- Manage maintenance of site infrastructure – foundations, hardstands, roads, site cable network and substation.
- Ensure systems in place for managing maintenance records and plant history.
- Supervise substation operation including HV switching. Familiarity with HV operations and switching is preferable.
- Interface with local authorities, local utility and system operator, landowners and general public where required.
- Develop and implement procedures for dealing with day to day operations.
- Carry out routine site inspections and audits of contractors.
- Produce and submit weekly and monthly reports.
- Work closely with other Mainstream teams to support development, construction, energy analysis, power purchase agreements etc.
- From time to time assist with planning issues, construction and operations on other Mainstream sites.
Experience and Skills Required
- Ten years of experience in a similar role managing generation plant or similar.
- Strong interpersonal, communications and relationship management skills.
- Experience with HSE management systems and procedures.
- Experience with management of and administering long term service agreements.
- Experience with contractors' management.
- Experience of servicing, troubleshooting, and modifying high technology plant.
- An understanding / qualification in electrical systems e.g. AC/DC, Low, Medium and High voltage systems, electronic and electromechanical equipment.
- An understanding / qualification in Aerodynamics, Mechanical Engineering or Hydraulics is considered an advantage.
- An understanding in agriculture / environmental issues is considered an advantage.
- Experience of using IT systems and applications. Using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.