Mainstream Renewable Power ("Mainstream") is a recognised leading global renewable energy developer and investor. Its primary business areas are onshore and offshore wind and solar PV. It has a project development portfolio of 8.5GW across Africa, South and Central America and is focused on a number of markets in Asia including Vietnam and the Philippines.
Mainstream is a market leader in South Africa and Chile where it has successfully won competitive tenders for approximately 2GW of wind and solar projects. The company has raised more than €1.3 billion in project finance to date and employs 160 staff in ten countries, across five continents.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at late stage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions. In Asia, the company is developing large-scale projects in Vietnam and the Philippines. Mainstream has raised more than €1.6bn in project finance to date and employs 160 staff across four continents.
Mainstream are seeking candidates for a Site Manager and will report to the Construction Manager Chile.
The Site Manager will form part of a growing team within a dynamic and multinational company. Mainstream´s culture is based on a core value of “working together” as a team, and we are looking for people who want to join us in our mission to lead the global transition to renewable energy.
The Site Manager will be responsible for managing the safe and reliable performance of the wind farm. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the team and all contractors at site to ensure the construction is carried out safely, on time and to the right standards.
Additional duties will include supervising contractors performing site Balance of Plant (BOP), Wind Turbines, Civil works and others.
- Ensure highest level of health and safety standard is maintained at the wind farm.
- Responsible for the health and safety and environmental management system of the wind farm. (ISO and OHSAS standards)
- Responsible for co-ordination and control of the project
- Responsible for leadership of the site team and all subcontractors
- Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints
- Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays
- Regular monitoring and liaison with the Contracts Manager/Project Manager on the Master Programme and controlling of stage/section programmes as required
- Responsible for controlling site facilities and logistics, ensuring all equipment are previously on site before subcontractor activities.
- Interface with local authorities, local utility and system operator, landowners and general public where required.
- Develop and implement procedures for dealing with daily site activities.
- Monitoring the subcontractors plan of the day
- Managing the daily report in order to protect the company
- Carry out routine site inspections and audits of contractors.
- Produce and submit weekly and monthly reports.
- Work closely with other Mainstream teams
Experience and Skills required
- Four years of experience in a similar role managing generation plant or similar.
- Organization and planning skills
- Basic Contract management knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, communications and relationship management skills.
- Experience in leading site teams
- Experience with HSE management systems and procedures.
- Experience with contractors' management.
- An understanding / qualification in electrical systems e.g. AC/DC, Low, Medium and High voltage systems, electronics and electro mechanical equipment.
- Contract management knowledge is considered an advantage.
- An understanding in agriculture / environmental issues is considered an advantage.
- Experience of using IT systems and applications. In particular using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry.