Mainstream is a global developer of utility-scale wind and solar assets operating across Europe, the Americas, Asia and Africa. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Mainstream Renewable Power South Africa has been awarded a total of 2.1 gigawatts of wind and solar projects under the Government’s renewable energy procurement programme since the first round in 2011.
In 2021, Mainstream completed a process to find an equity partner to help finance the development and construction of its wind and solar asset pipeline. Our partnership with Aker Horizons enables the Company to strive towards our ambitious targets of securing 5.5 GWs of renewable assets to FC and be IPO ready by 2023. In 2022, an equity partnership with Mitsui strengthened our position and continued our growth trajectory across the world.
Mainstream has raised more than €3.0bn in project finance to date and employs over 500 staff across 11 countries.
Summary of Role:
As the Construction Quality Controller, you will be responsible for leading the quality process on site. Ensuring timeous inspections as per the ITP presented by the Contractor as well as checking and ensuring compliance to design and acceptable quality standards.
What you will do?
The Construction Quality Controller key responsibilities comprise the following:
- Reports to the Site Construction Manager (or deputy) on a daily basis.
- Align quality process and inspection planning with contractors.
- Conducting inspections and assuring construction compliance to design and acceptable quality standards.
- Management of Non conformance and corrective actions.
- Liaise with Engineering.
- Monitor and observe safe work practices proactively.
- Control and manage quality documentation on a weekly basis.
- Ensure quality documentation is signed and completed in full as well as filed in the correct location.
- Update documentation tracker.
- Significant autonomy in work, but a strong reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s Asset Delivery procedures and process (this is based on PMI® PMBOK®).
- Raise changes to procedures if required and ensure a change management system is applied.
- Daily and weekly log reports.
What we require?
- 3-5 years Civil/Electrical/Turbine construction experience / experience in renewable energy (wind and solar).
- N4, OEM Technician training or Diploma in Engineering (electrical, mechanical or civil)
- The candidate must be fluent in English; fluency in other languages is considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and or similar quality management systems.
- Good proactive and practical approach
- Good Communication skills.
- Skilled in interfacing with site construction activities with proven ability to manage the interfaces and planning with various stakeholders
- Capable of teamwork in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary setting
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft software. Other software packages such as MS Project and SharePoint to be advantageous.
- Experience with Document control systems advantageous.
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.