- Reporting to: Portfolio Project Manager
- Department: Development & Construction
- Job Location: Santiago Chile Office
- Travel Required: Frequently National, International if required
Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide focusing on onshore and offshore wind projects as well as emerging renewable technologies. Mainstream will construct and operate renewable energy assets globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
What will you do? [Key Responsibilities and Activities]:
As a Construction Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivery of projects through the preconstruction and construction phases to final handover to the Asset Operations team.
During construction, the Construction Project Manager will be responsible for managing one or more construction contractors and for their coordination with equipment suppliers in order to achieve the committed deadlines while keeping costs within budget and health and safety standards.
The Construction Project Manager key responsibilities comprise of the following:
- Wind farm Construction project management and construction management in accordance with Construction processes and procedures.
- Supporting Development team with construction / engineering related issues
- Engaging and managing technical and engineering consultants
- Definition and coordination of preliminary engineering during preconstruction phase
- Managing project through financial close process
- Construction contract tendering, negotiation and administration
- Cost estimating, budget preparation, reporting and control
- Schedule estimating, schedule preparation, reporting and control
- Liaise and cooperate with other functional and regional teams
- Liaise and cooperate with external parties – banks, independent engineers, contractors, government bodies etc.
- Ability to work with the electrical grid utility to develop transmission grid connection plans supervise grid studies and secure grid connection agreements.
- Significant autonomy in work, but a strong reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s Construction procedures and process (this is based on PMI® PMBOK®).
- Interaction with the relevant in-house teams – Solar & Wind analysis, GIS, engineering, construction.
- Participate in company knowledge sharing groups which focus on sharing of expertise globally.
- Assist the Country Construction Manager in the development of the regional strategy.
- Market awareness of solar & wind farm construction activity, regulatory issues and other renewable technologies.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]:
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory).
Educational and Experience
- Degree in Engineering (electrical or civil) with a minimum of 7 years’ experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) or a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
- Managing project development and construction experience in power generation industry. Experience in renewables is an advantage.
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels.
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources.
- Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software packages such as AutoCAD, MS Project and SharePoint.
- Fluency in English & Spanish.
- Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) an advantage.
- Project safety –implementing and enforcing Mainstream’s SHEQ processes and procedures.
- Monitor daily activities at the construction sites, using this data to trend and develop detailed forecasts and ensure that corrective actions are done timely.
- Overall project leadership through the relationship with your contractors and consultants.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.