Mainstream Renewable Power is a leading developer of renewable energy projects worldwide. Mainstream develops, constructs and operates renewable energy projects globally and is committed to delivering its projects to the highest safety standards.
Mainstream is seeking an experienced renewables professional with extensive knowledge and experience of the Vietnam renewables market and with excellent construction management experience of renewable development projects.
As Construction Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivery of renewable projects through the late-stage development, preconstruction and construction phases in to commercial operation ultimately handing over the completed projects to the long term asset owner/asset manager.
During construction, the Construction Project Manager will be responsible for managing one or more construction contractors such as an EPC contractor and/or wind turbine/module supplier, detailed coordination with eachcontractor’s designers and sub-contractors, as well as day-to-day management of the construction contractors.
The Construction Project Manager will also be expected to oversee several late stage development activities to include finalisation of environmental work, engaging with the grid company to secure the grid connection, answering queries from investors, final technical due diligence, as well as obtaining final construction permits, etc.
The Construction Project Manager key responsibilities comprise of the following:
- Project and construction management in accordance with Mainstream Construction processes and procedures.
- Supporting the Mainstream Development team with construction / engineering related issues.
- Engaging and managing technical and engineering consultants for the due diligence process, the grid connection process, etc.
- Definition and coordination of preliminary engineering during the preconstruction phase.
- Managing the projects through the financial close process and supporting the Mainstream commercial/finance teams to achieve financial close.
- Assisting the Mainstream Procurement team with construction contract tendering, negotiation and administration.
- Cost estimating, budget preparation, reporting and control.
- Schedule estimating, schedule preparation, reporting and control.
- Liaising and cooperating with other Mainstream technical and commercial teams.
- Liasing with project stakeholders including landowners, communities, the public, etc.
- Liaising and cooperating with external parties – grid companies, banks, independent engineers, contractors, consultants, government bodies etc.
- The preferred candidate for Construction Project Manager will have the following characteristics:
- Ability to work with the electrical grid utility to develop transmission grid connection plans supervise grid studies and secure grid connection agreements.
- Be comfortable with significant autonomy in work, but have a strong reporting and approval process using Mainstream’s Construction procedures and process (this is based on PMI® PMBOK®).
- Engage in interaction with the relevant Mainstream teams – Development, Procurement, Commercial, Energy analysis, Engineering & GIS, IS, Construction, and Operations.
- Participate in company knowledge sharing groups which focus on sharing of expertise globally.
- Have significant local market awareness of solar & wind farm construction activity, regulatory issues and other renewable technologies.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering (electrical, civil, or mechanical), Energy, Business or Environment with a minimum of 5 years experience
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) or a Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Commercial project development and construction experience in renewable energy / power generation
- Strong project management skill set required including contract management, contract administration, scheduling, planning, financial control and management
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels
- Candidates should be capable of managing internal and external resources
- Ability to use Microsoft software as well as specialist software including MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, MS Project and SharePoint
- Command of both Vietnamese and English is a must.
- Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP) an advantage.
- Project safety – be the safety leader implementing and enforcing Mainstream’s Health & Safety processes and procedures
- Monitor daily activities at the construction sites, using this data to trend and develop detailed forecasts and ensure that corrective actions are done timely
- Overall project leadership through the relationship with contractors and consultants