Mainstream are currently looking for a Compliance Executive to join our team. This role is concerned with supporting the Group Ethics and Compliance Manager in enhancing the compliance and ethics framework for the Mainstream Group which underpins all aspects of Mainstream’s business globally.
The role will be primarily focused on developing new and enhancing existing compliance policies and procedures for the Mainstream group with emphasis on anti-bribery and corruption, due diligence procedures, Code of Conduct, compliance reporting, risk assessments, compliance training for all employees and compliance workshops with joint venture partners.
The suitable candidate will be very familiar and experienced with all aspects of an effective ethics and compliance programme and how it is implemented within a multi-national company.
- Development and review of ethics and compliance policies and procedures for the Mainstream group with strong emphasis on anti-bribery and corruption and third party due diligence;
- Ensuring all updates to compliance policies and procedures are aligned Group-wide;
- Supporting the Group Ethics and Compliance Manager in implementing effective action plans in response to key compliance risks areas;
- Implementation and management of a group-wide anti-bribery and corruption risk assessment;
- Management of updates to the Mainstream Code of Conduct and ensuring it is published, translated and accessible internally and externally;
- Responsibility for developing new content and roll out of ethics and compliance training for all employees and JV partners, including annual ABC e-learning, regional compliance workshops, lunch and learn compliance sessions and ad hoc training on new initiatives or legislative/regulatory updates;
- Managing partner due diligence procedures including roll out of DD questionnaires and collation of responses and documentation provided;
- Managing due diligence requests received from third parties and collation of responses and information in a timely manner;
- Commissioning of third-party due diligence/background checks and management of reports in a confidential and discreet manner;
- Close collaboration with the Compliance Officers in our regions on all aspects of compliance including training, policy updates and reporting of compliance breaches;
- Monitoring and reporting of the gifts and hospitality register to ensure procedures are being followed;
- Assisting with preparation and publication of the group modern slavery statement on an annual basis;
- Roll out of Directors Compliance Statements for all Mainstream directors on an annual basis;
- Ensuring employee and director conflicts of interest are recorded in accordance with the Conflicts of Interest Policy; and
- Managing compliance related queries in an efficient manner.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Firm understanding of all aspects of an effective ethics and compliance programme for a multi-national company;
- Experience working in a compliance role with a listed company would be an advantage;
- 3-5 years previous experience working in an ethics and compliance role essential;
- Understanding of the domestic and international legal frameworks governing compliance programmes including Irish legislation, UK Bribery Act, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- Confident in delivering compliance training both virtually and in person;
- Excellent organizational, communication, written and interpersonal skills essential;
- Keen attention to detail is essential;
- An effective researcher with a “finger on the pulse” approach to staying abreast of compliance updates;
- Proactive with an ability to prioritise and handle a large workload under time constraints;
- Dynamic, motivated, self-starter; and
- Experience working with SharePoint and Microsoft office essential.