- Reporting to: Senior Corporate Affairs Executive
- Department: Corporate Affairs
- Job Location: Bogotá, Colombia
- Travel Required: Intermittent travel to sites in Colombia
Mainstream Renewable Power is the leading independent developer of utility-scale wind and solar power plants. The company is focused on delivering a high-quality portfolio of more than seven gigawatts of wind and solar assets across high-growth markets in Latin America, Africa and Asia.
In Chile, Mainstream owns 1.3GW of fully contracted wind and solar projects in operation, in construction or at latestage development, due to its unprecedented success in government auctions.
Summary of Role:
The Community Relations Executive will be responsible for keeping a proactive and permanent relationship with stakeholders in the project’s area of influence and identify potential conflicts. Also, the succesful candidate will be an advisor in topics such as communication, environmental projects, socio-political issues and local communities. He/She will be part of a multidisciplinary and collaborative team that enable the projects in the territories during the development, construction and operation phases, ensuring all Mainstream values are present.
What you will do?
- Identify key stakeholders and keep the stakeholder map updated for any stage of projects.
- Identify actors and socio-political scene of the territory.
- Identify and manage socio-political and reputational risks of the territory.
- Identify and generate local support networks (local institutional relationship).
- Advise the communications, environmental and projects team on socio-political issues to consider in each phase of the projects.
- Define methodologies according to the local context that allow the incorporation of the vulnerable population and encourage the consultation and participation of all key stakeholders.
- Define annually a Community Engagement Plan of the projects.
- Achieve compliance with social commitments (voluntary and associated with RCAs).
- Prepare annually budget associated with the projects and manage payments associated with community investment funds and local initiatives.
- Prepare reports on time and keep monthly updated records associated with social performance (traceability).
ON SITE FUNCTIONS
- Maintain permanent relationship with key stakeholders in the territory of the projects (more than 3 days per week).
- Implement Community Engagement Plan of the projects.
- Implement work groups with the community to keep them informed and involved in the projects.
- Generate and implement collaboration agreements with the community.
- Execute initiatives and community investment funds that contribute to the local development of the area of influence of the projects.
- Fulfil social commitments on time.
- Implement a Complaint’s Procedure in territory of the projects.
- Collaborate with communications, environmental and projects team in the preparation of communications, human environment baselines for processes of environmental evaluation, citizen participation and indigenous consultation.
- Collaborate with the environmental and projects team in their socio-political enable in the territory (definition of negotiation strategies with owners and obtaining permits).
- Represent the company in instances of local institutional relations.
- Put on value the company's contribution to local development with the key stakeholders in the territory.
What we require?
- Professional degree in environmental, social sciences or similar, 3 years of recent experience working with local communities in representation of companies.
- At least 3 years experience working with local communities.
- Knowledge of participatory methodologies and community engagement.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and mining or energy projects.
- Advanced level in English
- Have knowledge of regional and municipal authorities and their roles.
- Must be based in San Juan del Cesar or Valledupar a and must be able to travel periodically to Bogotá .
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market, in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.