The Commercial Manager will support the General Manager APAC, the APAC SMT and the Group Head of Commercial in providing commercial solutions for Mainstream’s wind and solar projects through the development, construction and operation phases and maximize shareholder value by divestment.
The successful candidate should be able to bring a project from cradle to grave and must have strong people management skills.
The candidate will manage multi-disciplinarian teams of, internally and externally, requires strong financial acumen and commercial negotiation skills with a good knowledge of legal documents.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Commercial Manager will support the sourcing, originating, structuring and executing of commercial solutions for Mainstream’s wind and solar projects including:
- In conjunction with internal teams to prepare, evaluate, review and present papers for Senior Management, Risk & Investment Committee and/or Board approval including market research, deal structuring & investment appraisal and valuation.
- Prepare accurate and detailed information for external parties including information memoranda, financial models, term sheets and pitch presentations etc.
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess opportunities in new technologies, companies and markets globally and to evaluate Mainstream’s project pipeline.
- Support, in a leading capacity, the commercial negotiation of acquisitions, investments, disposals & associated funding activities.
- Assist with all commercial aspects of investments, bid submissions, due diligence and successful financial close processes.
- Develop commercial solutions to allow Mainstream to maintain competitive advantage in the markets in which it operates including:
- Joint venture and partnership structures.
- Project funding solutions
- ECA and DFI funding
- Vendor financing solutions.
- Maintain relationships with senior officials at banks, infrastructure funds, pension funds, and other financial institutions to secure financing and/or project level investment.
- Source and negotiate funding solutions, with appropriate risk allocation, and oversee the negotiation of the following core project documents:
- Term Sheets.
- Joint Development Agreements.
- Share Purchase Agreements.
- Shareholder’s Agreements.
- Management Service Agreements.
- Project Finance Agreements.
- Mezzanine Facility Agreements.
- Experience and detailed knowledge and understanding of financial models.
- Managing due diligence processes including the identification and mitigation of key project risks and the satisfaction of conditions precedents.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all major Mainstream transactions, to ensure commercial opportunities are being maximised, and to understand the interdependencies between these transactions and any risk resulting.
- Assist Procurement with the commercial negotiation of terms with turbine suppliers, EPC contractors and O&M service providers (to include the negotiation and review of legal documents).
- Managing relationships with tax and legal departments to optimise investment structures.
- Effectively manage project teams, specifically commercial team members, reporting in region.
- Support colleagues across Mainstream business to ensure continued company growth and value creation.
- Updating and maintaining the wind and solar financial models in conjunction with the Financial Modeler.
- People management skills in order to bring together deal teams of multi-disciplinary members including developers, engineers, accountants, lawyers, tax advisors, bankers, financial professionals.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Relevant business qualification: Bachelor’s degree, Master Degree in Business Administration Accountancy or Finance with a minimum of 7 years Post Qualification Experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the global renewable energy sector.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills and an ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Project delivery, due diligence, negotiation, structuring and execution.
- Ability to analyse and present qualitative & quantitative information for decision making.
- Strong communication, negotiation, relationship management and presentation skills.
- Willingness to work as part of multi-functional teams.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills essential.