Mainstream Renewable Power is a renewable energy development company with operations in North America, South America, South Africa and Ireland. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for skilled and motivated individuals to join our team in Colombian, focusing on commercial activities for renewable energy projects.
You will be responsible for overall commercial activities for wind and solar renewable energy projects.
What you will do?
Manage several commercial activities for Mainstream Projects.
- Seek business opportunities in private or public tenders. This means; Participate in tenders, in addition to conduction negotiation and monitoring of Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with non-regulated and regulated customers as well retailers.
- Visit in the field non-regulated costumers and retailers looking for business opportunities (i.e. buy energy from renewable energy projects).
- Develop segmentation of regulated and free clients to look for business opportunities under a project finance structure.
- Lead the negotiation of PPAs, using commercial policies, control and development of private or public PPAs, electricity market tariffs and spot market exposure.
- In charge of reviewing and checking market electricity costs for the financial model.
- Support the development strategy and portfolio plan for energy projects in the region.
- Ensure the correct management of projects / services and customer satisfaction.
- Manage the company’s budget under its responsibilities or division.
- Ensure the update of the reporting of activity to the general manager or country manager and local team.
- Support the due diligence of projects, collecting technical information necessary for the evaluation of energy assets and market risk.
- To administer the resources in a efficient way of the division, in compliance with the compromised guarantees.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineer, commercial engineer, industrial engineer and/or related field
- Ability to negotiate PPAs between generation assets and buyers (customers or retailers)
- Knowledge of electricity market, commercial risk and regulatory impacts (UPME, CREG, XM, etc.)
- Microsoft programs is a must (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point).
- 5 years professional experience (general).
- 3 years’ experience working with in a commercial department.
- Experience working with national, local and regional private entities and public sector agencies such as UPME, CREG, XM, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to Travel as required
- English and Spanish proficiency are a prerequisite
These Requirements are a Plus for the Candidates:
- Experience in renewable energy projects.
- Experience with integrated management systems.
- Master or Postgraduate degree in renewable energy or finance.
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.