Support the commercial team in REIPPPP bidding project tasks:
- Good understanding of the RFP and overseeing briefing notes;
- Management of key documentation with equity and lenders;
- Minutes and memos of key equity and debt meetings;
- Data collation of key model inputs across numerous teams;
- Support the bid manager and financial modellers with tasks and project schedules;
- Support quality control and reviewing of all bid documents.
Financial close process:
- Management of due diligence information and processes for lenders and equity members;
- Support Financial Close lead with project management tasks.
Internal project tasks:
- Develop project briefs and presentations for management;
- Support project leads with tracking actions and timelines for internal projects;
- Provide regular progress reports/updates and ensure team members are aware of key changes, particularly with roles and responsibilities;
- Assist with administrative-related activities;
- Lead and support new innovations relevant to the business.
- Apply the proven Mainstream tender response process to REIPPPP bid submissions and support the bid manager and commercial manager.
- Collaborate with other Mainstream teams (development, energy analysis, procurement, engineering, grid, etc.) to compile compliant bid response documents;
Develop your knowledge of the utility scale Renewable Energy Business case through understanding:
- key financial model inputs and outputs
- investor expectation requirements and equity return calculations,
- long-term debt instruments and structures, and
- price competitiveness relative to peers, past bid submissions and Eskom
- Provide market analysis on energy-related activities in South Africa and Africa;
- Provide updates on regulatory changes in South Africa and Africa, with a focus on energy regulators,
- Government departments, utilities, the Carbon Tax Act, wheeling, energy banking, grid compliance requirements and any other energy related advancements in the region; and,
- Support other Mainstream departments as it relates to commercial activities and outputs.
- Positioning the Mainstream brand as a recognised leading renewable energy player with stakeholders in existing and new markets.
- Design and manage the project schedule, budget, and other project controls for assigned projects.
- Identifying and communicating on a timely basis all project barriers and risks, together with the strategies and approaches to overcome those barriers and risks.
- Monitor SA and Africa market movements and news.
- Work with Development team to ensure that all required consents to invest, build and operate power plants are in place to reach financial close.
- Coordinating with Procurement, Construction and Asset Management teams as applicable to ensure that procurement, engineering, energy analysis, construction and operations inputs are accurately reflected in bid responses.
- Ensure that projects are developed in accordance with Mainstream’s SHEQ policies and procedures and in accordance with all applicable legislation. This includes adherence to and continuance of ISO accreditations: ISO 140001: 2015 and ISO 450001: 2018.
- Lead project meetings and conference calls for assigned projects.
Key requirements for success in this role
- Proven REIPPPP and or Risk Mitigation experience;
- 3-5 years work experience;
- Minimum 3 year degree – need to know the key commercial variables (business case) that underpin Renewable Energy;
- Self-starter and problem solver;
- Motivated to succeed, be challenged and grow as an individual
- Collaborative team player;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to take ownership and drive tasks as well as help create / modify existing strategy based on analytical learnings (thrive in an efficient work environment);
- Organised, reliable, and deliver quality output;
- Strong relationship building skills;
- Strong MS Office skillset (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) a must;
- South African citizen;
- Mindset and ability to work / communicate in a fast-paced environment;
- Fluent English language skills is a must;
- Understanding of large-scale renewable energy project development advantageous.
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast-paced industry.
You will be working with a team that drives efficiency, is open to innovation and lateral thinking and are hungry to succeed.
The company operates in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI Act), Act 3 of 2013, and by submitting their personal information to us (through the application form, CV and other documentation as required during the recruitment process), candidates agree that the company may utilise their personal information as directed by POPIA.