Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a Civil Engineer who will be based in our Dublin office.
What will you do?
- Work primarily on global Development projects; but will provide input to Construction and Operational works when technical assistance is required.
- Support senior Civil Engineers in the Dublin office; and liaise with Engineering Team members in the global offices (Vietnam, Chile, South Africa, etc.).
- Be responsible for civil engineering conceptual design components of Renewable Energy (RE) power plants (onshore and offshore wind, floating and fixed offshore wind, floating and fixed solar PV and hybrid storage facilities) in new markets (e.g. Vietnam, Philippines, Australia).
- Participate in constructability assessments for greenfield and Due Diligence acquisition project opportunities in new markets; providing technical inputs into all stages of these works until their conclusion.
- Manage front-end civil engineering surveys and studies (e.g. geotechnical investigations, flood studies, topographical studies, foundation designs, met ocean studies, etc.) in these regions; and participate in the review, provision of feedback and closing out of such works in collaboration with other Central Engineering Team members.
- Partake in national and international travel to inspect new project sites and to attend seminars and meetings as required; all on an infrequent basis.
- Support the Global Engineering team with queries and technical concerns related to the civil engineering discipline.
- Be a significant contributor to the key Central Engineering team and Mainstream documents; including the Employer’s Requirements (ERs), Mainstream’s Global Development Standards (GDS), Engineering Scope of Works (SoWs) and Engineering operational standards and procedures; with the aim of capturing various ‘lessons learnt’, Engineering best practices and international Engineering standards into future updates of these various documents.
- Be responsible for managing the capturing of lessons learnt related to the Civil Engineering discipline from Global Engineering team members; and focus on continuous improvement.
Purpose of the role:
- To provide general technical support to the senior Civil Engineers in the Central Engineering Team.
- To actively engage in the constructability review and DD processes on greenfield and acquisition RE project opportunities respectively across the global portfolio.
- To generate conceptual civil engineering designs for RE power facilities.
- To support the global Engineering teams with technical review of civil engineering related queries and concerns.
- To review and partake in ongoing updates to Mainstream’s ERs, Mainstream’s GDS, Engineering SoWs and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable national and international standards and industry best-practice.
- To initiate and partake in technical engagement with external consultants, contractors, independent engineers, lenders engineers, utility and grid companies etc. both locally and overseas as required as part of the green-fielding and DD processes.
- To drive personal research of- and training in- civil engineering best practices, international and national engineering standards for inclusion of new/updated content in Central Engineering and Mainstream templates; and for deployment in regular engineering tasks.
- Ongoing research and training for the evaluation of new products, concepts and technologies from vendors in various countries.
- Attend and undertake CPD training, reading and tasks for ongoing professional engineering development.
- Ensuring civil engineering activities are carried out to the highest quality standards; and in accordance with the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Creating and updating of civil engineering Development-phase SoWs and related documents.
- Ensuring proper and safe storage of new and existing Engineering templates.
- Ongoing detailed review of Mainstream’s ERs and GDS as part of the conceptual RE project design and buildability assessment processes.
- Occasional national and international travel in support of site visits in new markets, personal training, conferences, meetings, workshops and general knowledge sharing with regional offices.
- Maintaining a positive attitude that works well in an environment conductive to positive morale, quality, creativity, and a team-oriented workplace.
RELATED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Education & Experience:
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) or Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.) Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised University.
- Must have a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 years’ work experience in the design and development of generating facilities.
- Must have a minimum of 1 years’ collective construction site experience.
- Must have valid registration with ‘Engineers Ireland’ as a member (MIEI) or Certified Engineer (CEng).
- Must have a valid existing work permit (if applicable). Mainstream will not be offering work visa application support for this role.
- RE Wind Farm design/development experience is an advantage.
- Excellent English written and oral communications skills.
- Good experience with Microsoft software packages; including Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook.
- Specialist software packages experience in MS Project and MS SharePoint Online is an advantage.
Organizational & Interpersonal Skills:
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, enthusiastic and confident with excellent problem-solving skills.
- High levels of persistence and tenacity to ensure standards are implemented and project works are conducted to a high quality.
- A creative thinker and planner.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a team environment as well as individually.
- Someone with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- A person with a "can-do" attitude who demonstrates hands-on accountability for their work.
- Ability to hold the respect and confidence of team members and project partners.
- Ability to get on well and work well with others.
- Courteous and helpful manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly to various groups of people.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically.
- Ability to anticipate problems, effectively seek out pertinent information that identifies the cause(s) of a problem and to then select the correct solution.
- Ability to initiate and put in place effective systems.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- An unrestricted driver’s license.
- The ability to travel internationally on an infrequent basis for short periods of time (valid passport, with no previous business/holiday visa application rejections).