Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power Philippines Services Corporation (Mainstream) is looking for a Civil Engineer with civil design, construction, and health and safety experience to coordinate and deliver civil engineering services to our renewable energy projects in the Philippines. The Civil Engineer will play an important role in helping to understand and mitigate project and region-specific risks related to project site access route selection, topographical, geotechnical, hydrological, seismic, and other natural site characteristics, and to accelerate and maximize value from Mainstream’s Philippine development pipeline.
The Civil Engineer will be based in Taguig City Office and will be a member of the Philippine Development Team. The role will entail working primarily on development and pre-construction phase projects and will also include an element of construction and operational project phase support. The role will also include ongoing and regular liaising and planning with Mainstream’s Central Engineering Team members in Mainstream Headquarters in Dublin and the Chief Operations Officer, APAC. In addition, the role will include providing support in the due diligence of Civil Engineering related topics for potential project and portfolio acquisition opportunities in the Philippines.
What you will do?
- Lead project civil engineering site assessment and preliminary design activities in the Philippine market focusing on existing projects in cooperation with Grid, Engineering, and Development team members.
- Actively research applicable building regulations and potential data sources of geological information and deploy these in preliminary designs and technical discussions. Summarize and share these in an effective manner to influence company strategy and project development plans.
- Actively participate in the constructability assessments of green-field and project/portfolio acquisition opportunities and propose early-stage construction strategies.
- Engage with internal technical teams and provide technical support to the project management teams to select and manage site survey consultants, contractors, and suppliers.
- Cooperate and coordinate with Philippine Development and Central Engineering Team members and liaise with the various multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that Mainstream meets its overall project and portfolio development objectives in a timely manner.
- Develop new engineering Scopes of Works (SoWs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in cooperation with fellow team members for civil engineering consultant studies, surveys, designs, and assessments work on projects.
- Manage the review of civil engineering consultant reports from project studies, surveys, and assessments, and feed findings back into the relevant designs, reports, due diligence papers, and others in cooperation with fellow team members.
- Provide preliminary civil engineering conceptual designs (e.g., access roads, internal site roads, foundation concepts) in cooperation with fellow technical team members.
- Review technical civil engineering designs and actively participate in the comments exchange during the project EPC/BOP/TSA contract tendering process run by the Procurement team.
- Undertake research and training in civil engineering best practices, international and national engineering standards, drive project innovation and cost reduction opportunities, and evaluate new engineering concepts and technologies together with the technical, development, and innovation teams.
- Undertake regular review and participate in regular updating of Mainstream’s wind, solar and energy storage Employer’s Requirements (ERs) in relation to civil engineering topics in cooperation with global technical team members.
- Provide further and new engineering information in the relevant sections of Mainstream’s Global Development Standards (GDSs)
- Manage project health and safety for internal and external compliance
- Attend ongoing local and international training seminars, conferences, workshops, and others for both technical and company policy and standards training, and share experience and knowledge gained from these events with fellow team members. Attend and undertake Continuous Personal Development (CPD) training, reading and tasks for ongoing professional development as part Mainstream’s employee training guidelines.
- Participate in company-wide digitalisation and innovation programmes. Design and implement civil engineering-related works and processes in line with the Mainstream digitalisation strategy.
What we require?
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Licensed Engineer under the Philippine Professional Regulation Commission
- 5-10 years’ work experience in the energy industry in similar roles.
- Energy generation plant design and/or construction experience is advantageous.
- Familiar with the National Structural Code of the Philippines and other building codes
- Experience in QGIS, ArcGIS, Google Earth Pro, or similar software is advantageous.
- Experience in the preparation of technical specifications and other technical documents. Strong report writing skills.
- Experience in the development of variable renewable energy generation facilities such as onshore/offshore wind and fixed/tracking solar PV is advantageous.
- Experience in health and safety management and must have undertaken trainings such as Basic Occupational Safety and Health (BOSH), Construction Occupational Safety and Health (COSH) or equivalent trainings
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong IT skills, excellent Microsoft Excel Skills and an ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt to quickly changing work priorities, and to meet deadlines.
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks.
- An excellent attention to detail.
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation, and time management.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Be a genuine team player with a positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Be a highly motivated, dynamic, and detail-orientated self-starter with proven track record of project delivery.
- Be flexible in terms of working arrangements, local travel, and otherwise as may be required.