Reporting to the Finance Manager- Asia based in Ho Chi Minh City, this is a key role in the finance team who will work in conjunction with the Finance Manager for Asia to lead the development of not only the Finance team for Vietnam, but also act as a key resource on future transactions in Vietnam and Asia working cross functionally with the Operations and Commercial teams.
- Assist in the preparation of Vietnam Platform management accounts and commentary;
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly Board Pack section for Vietnam;
- Preparation of all external reports to key stakeholders in Vietnam such as senior debt trustees, letter of credit finance providers and joint venture partners;
- Preparation of papers to document accounting for technical issues to ensure appropriate accounting requirements are met;
- Preparation of all detailed work for the external audit for Vietnam and preparation of statutory accounts for audit;
- Manage all local tax requirements for Vietnam.
- Assist in the preparation of the corporate budget for Vietnam and driving discussions with Vietnam staff and partners regarding budget spend and challenging this spend as appropriate;
- Work with the Group Finance team to input into the weekly cash forecast template and weekly cash summary report for the CFO;
- Manage and report on the FX exposure which arises out of Vietnam developments;
- Take an active role in reviewing and improving controls for the Vietnam Business;
- Take an active role in developing the Vietnam finance department as the business progresses.
- Taking a lead role in ad hoc projects as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A high calibre Big 4 trained newly qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Experience of auditing financial statements as well as relevant industry experience. Industry experience in the energy industry is preferred, but not a pre-requisite.
- Excellent IFRS knowledge essential.
- Detailed understanding of local tax laws.
- Confident self-starter with the ability to act on own initiative, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines.
- As well as having the above financial accounting based training and experience, the candidate must also be strong commercially.
- High levels of energy and motivation, with a track-record of delivery.
- Strong organisation, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Flexibility to work on a broad range of projects.
- Flexibility to travel. The role will be based in Ho Chi Minh City, but may also require travel to other Asia PAC markets and Dublin.