A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
What you will do
- Functional manager with experience in wind and solar energy development, operations and constructions projects.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate activities related to SHEQ from central office in Dublin and ensure that Group SHEQ strategy focus remains a top priority at hubs and new markets.
- Liaison with development team on SHEQ affairs, including dealing with relevant changes required to mitigate SHEQ risk at new markets and projects.
- To support Dublin office as global SHEQ centre of excellence.
- Lead and maintain the implementation of health & safety, environmental and quality management systems ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 (further looking for ISO 45001) and ISO 14001 for Dublin, as well as facilitate support to hubs.
- Develop, in consultation with Group SHEQ manager and other key stakeholders, processes, analyses and procedures to ensure compliance with the Global SHEQ strategy approved by MRP board.
- Maintain Global SHEQ planner comprising critical projects to achieve Global SHEQ objectives on an annual basis.
- Provide and analyse SHEQ data and information from MRP repository, create alerts, communications, monitor performance from hubs and projects, and share lessons learnt and best practices using or developing company systems and technology as part of MRP continuous improvement.
- Coordinate the global SHEQ training and competency program, deliver SHEQ training where applicable.
- In charge for the Dublin office observance to Ireland applicable SHEQ legislation, Responsible for managing Dublin office SHEQ resources and budget.
- SHEQ strategy Compliance monitoring across projects and other regional office locations or hubs.
- Carry out investigation of significant incidents in Dublin and other markets and hubs whereas required.
- Being an ambassador for health and safety working practices in Dublin and other markets and hubs where applicable.
- Liaison with regulatory and statutory safety and environmental bodies in Ireland.
- Manage a record of applicable documentation for Dublin SHEQ, also an up-to-date relevant legislation register.
- Participate in senior leadership meetings in representation of Group SHEQ manager. Carry out applicable SHEQ audits at projects and other regional office or hub locations.
- Evaluate new SHEQ services/providers, make proposals in the best interest for MRP.
- Travel to hub and news markets as necessary to facilitate and enforce Group SHEQ strategy.
What we require?
- Qualification in Occupational Health and Safety or Construction Health and Safety. Minimum 4 years experience in construction and operations of renewable projects
- Degree qualification in Engineering, Science, Technology or similar.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Quick response and proactive mindset to drive results
- Ability to lead/drive change, and influence/mentor others.
- Good personal organization including tasks scheduling, planning, and time management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
- Fosters teamwork and diversity
- Proficient with computer-based tools like Microsoft Office, Outlook, Project and Visio, among others
- Strong Technical, negotiation and relationship skills and the ability to influence people.
- Ability to challenge and make decisions.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training and ongoing professional development
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus up to 20%
- Share options
- 10% Employer Pension Contribution (non-contributory)
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Generous annual leave, plus a community or charity work day each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance subsidy
- Income protection insurance
- Life cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Programme
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!