A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for a “CENTRAL SECURITY MANAGER” to support the Central SHEQ team in Dublin, focused on Assets Security and Travel Security Management for all Mainstream locations globally.
The candidate, as a good communicator, needs to engage the internal and external stakeholders to ensure the security issues are managed properly. Additionally, the candidate will develop a strategic Security Management plan and prepares the corporate reporting to support the business´s decisions.
As a key member of Mainstream, the candidate will lead and assist the local team in all crisis related to security.
What you will do:
- Responsible for Mainstream overall security strategy management and
performance, including setting targets, reporting, capability, training, culture, and
- Undertake regular, ongoing and ad hoc threat and risk assessments and audits to
ensure relevant policies, standards, goals, compliance and reporting are in place and are in line with Mainstream and Industry standards, as well as any legislative developments in the locations where Mainstream operates.
- Collect intelligence and provide analysis, guidance, and advice to the management team on all relevant security matters in the areas in which Mainstream develop projects, operates and plans to operate.
- Responsible for travel risks, including travel security program, assessments, and
- Be a key member of the Mainstream crisis management team, assist local and regional emergency teams. Create written country/locale assessments, scenario analyses, and risk trend assessments to protect Mainstream staff during business
travel and operations teams worldwide
- Engage with internal stakeholders and ensure appropriate education and advice is provided on security matters, including levels of competence of all employees and project and contractors covering all stages of project development/delivery and ongoing operations. Identify areas for training and lead/oversee delivery.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders when appropriate to ensure security issues and concerns are addressed where necessary.
- Ensure current incident management system for security events is implemented and followed and ensure the appropriateness of responses (through review and
acceptance), including timely reporting to all necessary stakeholders.
- Through regular travel provide visible on-site leadership. Deliver effective communication on security issues to ensure risks are understood and mitigation
plans are in place. Provide training as required.
- Prepare corporate security guidance and policies and procedures that support
business objectives, including, updates on the emergency plans to ensure swift
actions can be undertaken when required.
- Prepare corporate management reports to support business-related decision making where there is a widespread health risk to staff from virus or disease i.e. Covid-19 that might compromise operations.
- To develop a strategic Security Management plan and support the regions on the customization in order to protect the Assets and the employees.
- Threat intel analysis and monitoring it
What we require:
- Third-level qualification, or degree in a relevant discipline(s).
- 7+ years of management experience in either in security and travel risk covering relevant high-risk markets e.g., Africa, South America and/or the Middle East / Asia or has held multi-country responsibility.
- Practical hands-on knowledge with substantial subsequent private sector experience
- Knowledgeable in technology and intelligence gathering.
- Current relevant networks
- Communication skills
- Strong security experience and techniques
- Be able to work under pressure
- Experience in working with multicultural teams
- Used to succeeding in a matrix structure
- Has developed and/or successfully managed corporate multi-country security systems, plans and processes.
- Operationally strong especially in the assessment of risk and relevant responses including
surveillance and weapons codes
- Experience in providing successful security for major projects from development through construction to operations
- Fluent in English, desirable Spanish
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training and ongoing professional development
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus up to 20%
- Share options
- 10% Employer Pension Contribution (non-contributory)
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Generous annual leave, plus a community or charity work day each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance subsidy
- Income protection insurance
- Life cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Programme
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!