- Reporting to: M&A and New Investments Manager, LATAM
- Department: Finance
- Job Location: Brazil
- Travel Required: National travel and occassional international
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for an experienced Business/Investment Executive based in Brazil to join the M&A Team Latam, to manage the origination and delivery of M&A opportunities in Brazil from due diligence to deal completion. The successful candidate will have strong technical, and/or commercial capabilities in solar and wind technologies (commercialization business and battery storage experience would be an advantage). This candidate will be a leading member of the activities in Brazil responsible for originating, analysing, and valuing target acquisitions as well as structuring, negotiating, and executing acquisition together with the M&A team Latam.
The candidate must be a strong team player with high levels of self-motivation and excellent analytical and communication skills.
This role will report to the M&A and New Investment Manager Latam and work closely with external advisors and other internal teams, including Head of M&A Central and regional M&A teams, to carry out due diligence and review market analysis and legal documentation.
The successful candidate will be experienced in preparing concise schedules and summary documents for the M&A team Latam, senior management Latam and board discussions. This candidate will be comfortable in presenting to the Mainstream leadership team and board if required. This candidate will be able to understand and assess risks and opportunities in Brazil. They will contribute, and work with colleagues, to prepare a final recommendation to senior management on whether to pursue an opportunity, and on what basis.
The role will be based in Brazil; however, it will support the company’s global markets if required.
What will you do?
- Work closely with the Latam M&A team to prepare a market entry and growth strategy in Brazil
- Carry out research on third party projects, platforms (groups of projects), companies, and teams in Brazil.
- Evaluate acquisition targets for strategic, financial, and commercial fit with Mainstream’s Brazil growth strategy.
- Prepare market analysis understanding the dynamics, specificities, constraints, and
opportunities in Brazil.
- Project manage due diligence processes from initial opportunity to deal completion. This will involve tight management of timelines, internal teams, external advisors, and documentation review.
- Assess the pros and cons of the various opportunities and solutions offered through in-depth analysis of their business models and impact on company financials.
- Work with dedicated financial modeller to design, build and maintain highly complex financial models that are able to prepare valuation and various scenario analysis.
- Understand and participate in legal, financial and tax structuring of transactions to facilitate a seamless integration of the opportunity into the Mainstream group.
- Participate in the review of legal documentation (e.g., Letter of Intent, Non-Binding Offer, Binding Offer, Share Purchase Agreement, Joint Development Agreement etc.).
- Support the negotiation of acquisition agreements representing Mainstream’s interests.
- Manage the completion of a risk, corporate governance, and compliance analysis of target acquisitions.
- Manage third party advisors, including costs, throughout the due diligence and acquisition process.
- Compliance in working to strict deadlines.
- Support the integration strategy of acquired assets in the Group portfolio and handover over the acquisition to the relevant business manager / region / team once a transaction completes.
- Manage the preparation of investment proposals, board updates and Risk and Investment papers along with any other documentation necessary for internal approvals.
- Represent Mainstream confidently and knowledgeably in public.
- Work seamlessly with Mainstream’s Parent M&A team throughout any acquisition opportunity.
What we require?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a legal, technical, or commercial role in the
- Track record in originating and delivering relevant transactions: including joint development/ JV / partnership agreements, asset acquisition / divestment, M&A of companies, buying, financing and divesting wind & solar assets at different stages of development, construction, operations.
- Knowledge of the players in the market and a strong understanding of the various
mechanisms prevailing in the financing of renewable energy projects and companies.
- Strong experience in due diligence process.
- A keen interest in keeping abreast of commercial updates in the Brazilian market.
- International experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Deep understanding of risk and value drivers in renewable projects and businesses.
- Comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team. Can demonstrate a high level of self-motivation.
- Adaptable, tenacious, self-starter and self-reliant.
- Demonstrate ability to work in teams across different time zones.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with internal and external parties.
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written communication skills in Portuguese, Spanish and English.
- Experience of contract negotiations commercial acumen a distinct advantage.
- Experience of gathering and utilising competitor/industry market knowledge, market evaluation and entering new markets is a distinct advantage.
- High personal standards regarding professional code of conduct and compliance.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Annual Aguinaldo
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Annual leave, plus a community or charity workday each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Complementary health insurance
- Life, disability and catastrophic cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Programme
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!