Mainstream Renewable Power is a renewable energy development company with operations in North America, South America, South Africa, Asia and Ireland. Our core business is to develop, build and operate renewable energy plants thereby helping to build a sustainable future – globally and locally.
Summary of Role:
Mainstream Renewable Power is looking for skilled and motivated individuals to join our Development team in Colombia, focusing on Permitting and Environmental.
You will be responsible for overall project management of permitting for wind, and solar renewable energy projects.
What you will do?
Manage the identification, preparation and processing of the permits related to the Mainstream Projects.
- Working alongside the project managers to select the consultants that will be in charge of the environmental impact assessment process (CAR´s/ANLA).
- Act as the technical counterpart of the consulting companies that are responsible for carrying out the environmental impact assessment process
- Managing and monitoring the progress of the environmental impact assessments of our projects, developing the necessary work plans in order to reduce processing time.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact assessment of projects is carried out in accordance with the legal framework.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact assessment of projects is conducted on the basis of environmental measures that can be realistically and feasibly implemented (from a financial and operational perspective).
- Advising project managers on environmental-related decisions related to technical areas of the project.
- Contacting environmental authorities that have jurisdictions in the areas in which MRP’s projects are located, in order to ensure that the environmental impact assessment process is transparent and flows smoothly.
- Identify all the applicable permits for the Mainstream Projects (planning).
- Selection, coordinate and evaluate Consultants, which can be hired to prepare the documentation of the permits.
- Ensure the update of permits, which can expire.
- Manage overall projects and/or tasks including but not limited to budgets, staffing, client coordination, and subcontractors.
- Perform compliance audits and environmental assessments as necessary.
- Manage the development of project specifications and plans (field sampling, quality assurance, health and safety, etc.)
- Build relationships with key clients and stakeholders to assist with business development.
- Responsible for the management of permits required for the construction and operation of wind and solar projects:
o Management of the analysis and evaluation of social impact assessment
o Support in the management of the analysis and evaluation of environmental permits
- Manage social al community relationships.
What we require? [Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience]
- Granting of permits in time and quality
- Ability to demonstrate consistent track record of delivering work on-time, on budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering and/or related field
- Knowledge of planning and best practices on renewable energy projects
- 5 years professional experience (general).
- 3 years experience working with the environmental impact assessment.
- Knowledge of Environmental permitting process with ANLA and CAR´s
- Project management expertise, experience preparing planning studies, technical reports, for a wide variety of energy and environmental projects, wind and solar PV preferred
- Experience working with national, local and regional private entities and public sector agencies such as ANLA, CAR´s, local mayors
- Experience with social and community’s relationship
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to Travel as required
- Spanish proficiency is a prerequisite
- English medium level will be great but is not a must
These Requirements are a Plus for the Candidates:
- Experience in renewable energy projects.
- Experience with integrated management systems.
- Experience working at the construction stage of energy projects.
- Master or Postgraduate degree in environmental studies
- Experience with “Consulta Previa”
What we offer?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast-paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary and bonus scheme.