A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
What You Will Do:
- Develop market intelligence as it relates to the energy industry in North Africa; understand, manage and monitor changes in legislation and regulations affecting the industry, and engage actively with industry associations in this regard.
- Position Mainstream as a recognised leading renewable energy player with stakeholders in the new markets.
- Identify and track new opportunities to position the business to respond to any EOI, RFI, RFQ or RFP.
- Analysis of new business opportunities, and subsequent presentation to a new business forum for decision to proceed.
- Providing strategic input, and lead, on Mainstream’s bidding management and strategy for North African bilateral, competitive and/or public tenders.
- Design and manage the project schedule, budget, and other project controls for assigned project processes.
- Identify and communicate, on a timely basis, all project barriers and risks, together with the strategies and mitigants to overcome those barriers and risks.
- Providing commercial input to Mainstream’s business development strategy in North Africa.
- Prepare and present Country Entry Papers, in conjunction with central functions at the Group level.
- Writing, reviewing and presenting papers for Mainstream’s Risk and Investment Committee and/or Board approval, as appropriate.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key project and market stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Represent Mainstream confidently and knowledgeably in public.
- Prepare and motivate new business cases / strategies, and execute on new business strategies, including those related to storage, hydrogen, and flexible PPAs.
What We Require:
- Proven Business Development skills including research and engagement in both existing and new markets, with ability to show success in obtaining new projects / business.
- A minimum of 10 years in project development, managing the full scope of the project lifecycle including green fielding, permitting, consenting, bidding, negotiating and reaching financial close.
- Relevant financial qualifications/ability with work experience in Corporate Finance/Project Finance/Investment Banking/Financial Services.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master Degree in Business Administration or Finance preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of academic excellence including a graduate degree from leading university.
- Demonstrated track record in originating and delivering transactions; including joint development / JV / partnership agreements, asset or company acquisitions of renewable nature.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the African renewable energy sector and stakeholders, particularly North Africa.
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills and an ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Ability to analyse and present qualitative & quantitative information for decision making.
- Strong communication, negotiation, relationship / people management and presentation skills.
- Comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team. Can demonstrate a high level of self-motivation.
- Willingness to work as part of multi-functional teams, across different time zones.
- Adaptable, tenacious, self-starter and self-reliant.
- High personal standards regarding professional code of conduct and compliance.
- Willingness to travel regionally and internationally as required, but may be extensive.
- Excellent written and spoken French and English language skills essential.
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Salary contribution to your pension fund
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Generous annual leave, plus a community or charity work day each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Generous health insurance subsidy
- Income protection insurance
- Life cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!