Summary of Role:
This role is primarily focused on identifying new business opportunities for Mainstream in Indonesia, identifying land grab opportunities and site screening, in order to allow Mainstream to establish a greenfield development pipeline.
What you will do?
- Lead the identification of Wind and Solar opportunities in Indonesia
- Evaluate land grab opportunities, whereby renewable energy projects can be viable and determine whether it is appropriate for Mainstream to invest. Main duties will involve:
- Support Commercial Manager APAC in risk Assessment of Projects and Investments;
- Confirmation of status of land (main site; grid line; access; mining rights)
- Liaise with Energy Analysis teams for resource assessment (Wind and Solar Resource)
- Community and Stakeholder Relations
- Liaise with PLN and local authorities to assess grid Availability and grid Connection Agreement terms and conditions
- Regulatory Support
- Lead Planning, Permitting and Environmental Policy
- Assess constructability of assets with support from Engineering Teams
- Assess costs of entry/development
- Use business acumen and critical thinking to recommend action to management on whether to pursue, and how to pursue, these opportunities.
- Coordinate with relevant managers to organise all aspects of development for example:
- Community Relations
- Energy Analysis
- Work closely with the APAC Commercial Manager and broader Mainstream Team in support of the investment process.
- Negotiate contracts and manage third parties for delivery of projects up to acquisition of the project.
- Close transactions
- Manage handover of acquired projects to the Development Team.
What we require?
- Degree qualified with a minimum of 6 years work experience
- Enthusiastic Self-starter with the ability to make sound commercial decisions.
- Excellent Project Management skills and a highly organised approach to work.
- Experience in dealing with PLN.
- Decisive manager with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and should be comfortable presenting to management at all levels
- Capable of managing internal and external resources, taking a lead role at meetings, setting priorities and recording actions
- Ability to use Microsoft software e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and specialist software packages e.g. GIS, MS Project, SharePoint is essential
- Fluency in English is essential / Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia will be a plus.
- A full driving license is considered essential
- The ability to travel to international destinations extensively is essential.