Summary of Role:
The Business Development and Commercial Associate (Vietnam) will support the Head of Commercial and Business Development (APAC) to source, originate, structure and execute commercial solutions for Mainstream’s wind and solar projects in Vietnam.
What you will do?
- Manage key development work-streams of Mainstream Vietnam’s existing portfolio
- Support obtention of key permits, such as Land Usage Right Certificate, Grid Connection Agreement, PPA, etc
- Support the development and construction of financial models.
- Support coordination of Due Diligence Processes.
- Analysing financial statements and other relevant documentation.
- Assisting with the review of transaction documentation.
- Carrying out ad-hoc deal specific research.
- Participate in due diligence of projects.
- Participate in financing of projects including international commercial banks, multilateral agencies (ie World Bank, IFC, EIB etc), development banks (ie: government backed banks) and export credit agencies.
- Support the company’s commercial team globally.
- Support the preparation of investment papers for Senior Management, Risk & Investment Committee and/or Board.
What we require?
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Interest in developing financial models
- Interest in renewable energy
- Strong mathematical / problem solving abilities
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Good analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Use own initiative to propose work methodologies and solutions to problems
- Ability and willingness to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Able to maintain the respect and confidence of team members
- A self-starter with a "can-do" attitude who demonstrates hands-on accountability for their area of responsibility
- Good persuasion skills, a good networker and a good negotiator
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to use Microsoft software packages such as Word, Excel, Outlook is essential