- Department: Engineering
- Reporting to: Green Hydrogen and Innovation Manager
- Job Location: Santiago de Chile
- Travel Required: Intermittent travel to sites in Chile
A world free of fossil fuels. If you share our vision, then join us on our mission.
This is your opportunity to make a real difference in averting the climate crisis, in an organisation that is at the forefront of the global transition to renewable energy.
Mainstream Renewable Power is a recognised global leader in renewable energy; and the pride we all get from developing, constructing and operating our projects is one reason why we are officially recognised as a Great Place to Work.
Now we are looking for people who can power our progress to a new level. If you want to make a real difference in the world, working with our extraordinary team across six continents, check out our newly created role.
Summary of Role:
As the BESS Engineer, you will be responsible to provide expert support on electrical engineering in relation to Mainstream’s business. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all Mainstream´s projects are well developed in terms of technical quality and current regulation requirements, especially regarding energy storage systems.
What will you do?
- Define the scope of services and technical requirements for external consultants and contractors regarding the implementation of energy storage systems.
- Lead the technical counterpart for the works carried out by external consultants.
- Contacting suppliers and consultants for designing and implementing energy storage systems.
- Prepare the technical elements of Employer's Requirements for EPC contracts, oriented to the installation on energy storage systems.
- Provide technical support to the internal teams, if needed.
- Reporting on compliance with relevant design code and contractual obligations.
- Producing technical reports.
What we require?
The candidate should be equipped with the following key skills:
- A high standard of commitment with Safety, assuming safety as a priority value in all its task and responsibilities. (Mandatory)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team, coordinate and enthuse colleagues and consultants
- Strong initiative and the ability to proactively identify required tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain sight of the ‘big picture’ and overarching objectives at all times.
- Good IT skills, including experience with MS Word, Excel and Project packages.
- Knowledge of software related to electrical engineering (AutoCAD, ETAP, DigSILENT, other).
- An organised approach to working, task prioritisation and time management.
- Flexibility to travel to visit our installations
- Advanced in Spanish and English (written and spoken).
Education and Experience
- A degree in Electrical Engineering, with background in electrical power systems.
- 10 or more years of demonstrable experience mainly Power Systems.
- Demonstrable experience on designing of electrical generation and transmission projects. Particularly in electrical substation and Energy Storage Systems
- Good knowledge about the Chilean Electrical System and Grid Code
- Good knowledge about International Standards: IEC, IEEE, NEC, NFPA.
"This job offer encourages the inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace."
Why you really should click that button 👇
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, to be part of a diverse workplace with regards to gender, age and cultural background in the most exciting industry in the world today. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme and share options.
- Excellent training (an average 54 hours a year)
- Secondment and relocation opportunities
- Career progression (16% promotions across the Group in 2021)
Shared financial success
- A competitive, industry benchmarked and cost-of-living linked salary, reviewed annually
- Annual bonus
- Share options
- Annual Aguinaldo
- WFH in a hybrid working arrangement
- Annual leave, plus a community or charity workday each year
- Paid maternity, paternity, adoptive and bereavement leave
- Allowance for WFH set up
True diversity & inclusion
- Equal opportunity targets
- GWEC Women in Wind and Mainstream Women in Renewables programmes
- You can be you, whatever your gender, colour or sexual orientation
Care for health & wellbeing
- Complementary health insurance
- Life, disability and catastrophic cover
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Programme
These are just some of the reasons why we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
Apply for this job now and see how we can energise your career!